New to the real estate market.

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hi and welcome! 

  • Jay ThomasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 715 votes
    1y

    Welcome aboard, Brian!

    Wishing you success on your journey.

  • Stephen MoralesBusiness Member
    Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2025 · 402 posts · 205 votes
    1y

    Hi @Brian Ochoa

    Welcome! Was there any RE strategy that you're looking to pursue? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2021 · 57 posts · 21 votes
    1y

    Hey Brian, welcome to the community! I would definitely explore youtube and bigger pockets (bigger pockets is also on youtube). Educate yourself on a variety of topics real estate related.

    I personally started my real estate investing journey by house hacking, where I bought my first primary residence and rented out a room, which helped pay for half the mortgage. At the same time, my home value (called equity) went up, and was able to sell it for a profit a short time later, which then allowed me to invest in other assets!

    I would also recommend connecting with a seasoned investor and/or investor friendly agent in your area--having someone there to answer questions is an invaluable resource.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.