New to Real Estate · NJ · Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote
Hey everyone,
I'm currently a sophomore at Stockton University, just getting started in the world of real estate. I’m working on a single family construction project in Florida with my uncle, which has been a great way to learn the basics of development and I have also been reading a lot of Biggerpockets real estate books to get a good fundamental understanding (for about 1-2 years now). I have also been doing deal analysis practices for a couple of months now.
My goal is to build long-term wealth through real estate investing, and I’m here to connect, learn, and contribute wherever I can. I'm interested in working with experienced investors who are open to sharing knowledge or even offering opportunities to get hands-on experience. Whether it's shadowing a project, helping with numbers, or assisting on the ground, I’m eager and ready to hustle.
I appreciate any advice, connections, or even just a “hello” from anyone here. Looking forward to growing with this community!
Realtor · NJ · Member since 2023 · 215 posts · 99 votes
1y
Hey Andrew!
Awesome that you are diving into real estate while you're in college. Working on that construction project will give you lots of valuable lessons you rarely will find in books. Podcasts and books are great too, don't get me wrong, but I have found that I learned the most when I am actively going through it. Don't be afraid to dive in when it comes time to start investing for yourself! Analysis Paralysis is very real.