First-Time BRRRR Investor Looking for Realtor in Edmonton

First-Time BRRRR Investor Looking for Realtor in Edmonton

Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone,

My name is Karan and I’m diving into real estate investing with a focus on the BRRRR strategy, and I’m currently targeting Edmonton for my first property.

I’m looking for a realtor who understands working with investors, especially someone comfortable evaluating deals for buy-and-hold or BRRRR scenarios. I'd really appreciate someone who can help me:

  • Spot undervalued or distressed properties

  • Understand neighborhood-level trends

  • Run basic numbers or connect with local contractors/lenders

I’ve been doing my homework, but since this is my first deal, I’d love to build the right team from day one and avoid rookie mistakes.

If you're a realtor (or know someone solid), I’d love to connect. Also open to any tips or lessons learned from those already investing in Edmonton!

Thanks in advance.
Karan

1Reply
50 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Edmonton, AB · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    Hi Karanveer,

    I see that you posted this 3 months ago, but are you still looking for an agent? If so I would be happy to help!

    • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote
      1y
      Quote from @Joel Link:

      Hi Karanveer,

      I see that you posted this 3 months ago, but are you still looking for an agent? If so I would be happy to help!


       Hey Joel,

      thanks for reaching out. I haven't found anyone reliable yet. I would love to connect.

  • Terrance HillPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
    1y

    Welcome, Karan! Great to see you diving in with a clear strategy like BRRRR — that focus will really help you filter out distractions early on. You're also spot-on in wanting an investor-friendly realtor; that single choice can make or break your first deal.

    In Edmonton, the market has some great BRRRR opportunities, but the key is finding someone who isn't just a "buy/sell" agent — you'll want a realtor who understands after-repair value, knows which neighborhoods actually support rent growth, and ideally has worked with investors before. A good test is to ask them to walk you through recent comps they've helped clients buy, how the renovations penciled out, and what the cash flow looks like today.

    Since you're just starting out, I'd also recommend building your "bench" at the same time: contractors, property managers, and lenders who are comfortable with refinance timelines. Edmonton's investor meetups and local REI groups can be gold mines for those introductions.

    You’re doing it the right way by building your team before jumping into a property. That groundwork will save you thousands (and a lot of stress) once you get rolling. Excited to see you make that first deal happen!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.