New Investor: Ambitious, Young, and Ready to Build Wealth

New Investor: Ambitious, Young, and Ready to Build Wealth

Homeowner · ND · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone, I'm Casin! I am new to the Bigger Pockets community and the Real Estate Investing world in general. My wife and I recently bought our first home (15 year conventional mortgage) in North Dakota and just had our first child in May. I am finishing up my college degree this year and we will be moving a few times (Alabama and Utah) in the coming years for career opportunities with the Army Guard. 

Even with those transitions ahead, I would like to continue investing in real estate. I have no desire to become "filthy rich". My goals are to own our dream home, live comfortably, save for retirement, and give my family meaningful experiences and opportunities. As I transition into my part time military career, I'm looking for creative ways to build passive income. I am especially interested in ideas that intersect Real Estate with photography/videography, aviation, or financial services. 

I'd love to connect with others who are open-minded, take calculated risks, and are always striving to learn and grow. Looking forward to being part of this community and connecting with some of you!

2Reply
35 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Marlboro, NJ · Member since 2025 · 243 posts · 150 votes
    1y

    Casin, congrats on the new home and your growing family!

    You’ve got a solid mindset, and your military background will serve you well in real estate. A lot of part-time service members build strong portfolios with DSCR loans, house hacks, or low-maintenance rentals—especially when moving every few years.

    Your interest in combining real estate with photography, aviation, or finance is smart and there are definitely creative ways to tie those together. If you ever want to explore financing options or bounce around ideas, happy to connect!

    Wishing you big wins ahead!

  • Homeowner · ND · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    1y
    Pierre, thanks for the reply! It is good to know there are options as we move forward. I’ll have to do some research and keep options open, but hoping with some foot work the right option comes into place. I appreciate your support and I’m excited to see where things go in the future!
  • Lender · UT · Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    I work in the finance field of real estate and I live in Utah. I'd be happy to help and chat about your investment goals 

  • New to Real Estate · Rockland, MA · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    Hi Casin!

    I'm new here as well, and wanted to jump in and say hello.  I think this platform will help yield some good results for that passive income you desire. Best of luck getting your feet wet! 

  • Lender · Nationwide · Member since 2023 · 362 posts · 237 votes
    1y

    Hi Casin, I own an 8 door portfolio across Memphis, Detroit and Seattle. I've also done flips in Detroit as well. Happy to help answer any questions based on my experience, especially around financing. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.