Motivated real estate newbie looking to learn and build a network!

Motivated real estate newbie looking to learn and build a network!

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
  • Hi all! My name is Allie and I've been interested in investing in real estate for many years, but am now in a great position to make a move. I'm especially interested in short term rentals, but am open to long term and all other opportunities. I'm located in the Harford County, MD area, but am open to investing anywhere within a ~5 hour driving distance. One specific area of interest aside from MD is anywhere from Newark Valley, NY to Seneca Lake, NY, specifically for short term rentals.
  • I've been doing a ton of research and reading, and am very motivated and excited to make my first deal. My goal is to use the Bigger Pockets platform to analyze deals, learn from the experts, and build a network for a long, successful real estate investment career. 
  • A question for the group - can you tell me about the first deal you ever made and how you made that decision? 

Thank you! 

1Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    1y

    @Allie Pizzo Welcome to BP. We have a lot of Baltimore area investors here on BP. 

    My first property I bought at an auction in the city of Baltimore for about $39k and it rented for $800 mo.

    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
      1y

      @Ned Carey sounds like an amazing deal! Was it Baltimore and if yes, in the city? 

  • Property Manager · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2025 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    1y

    Hey @Allie H. Property Manager here. Would Love to connect. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.