From Passive to Active – Starting My Journey in Louisville

From Passive to Active – Starting My Journey in Louisville

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hey everyone!
I’m fairly new to active real estate investing, but I’ve been involved passively for the past few years through syndications.

Now I’m making the shift toward more hands-on investing and recently started focusing on the Louisville, KY market. 

It looks like a solid, and I’m excited to dig in.

If anyone here is investing in Louisville (or has in the past), I’d really appreciate any tips, insights, or just connecting to share experiences.

Thanks in advance,  looking forward to learning from you all!

Dor.

1Reply
88 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hey Dor, is there a specific type of asset class you are looking to invest in?

    • Investor · Louisville · Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Michael Seeker:

      Hey Dor, is there a specific type of asset class you are looking to invest in?

  • Attorney · Louisville, KY · Member since 2023 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    Hi Dor. I'm based here and have been since 2015. Currently house hacking a duplex. As far as advice goes, I've started in the Old Louisville area, which was a great place to start for me. I'd like my next purchase to be in East Louisville, specifically the St. Matthews or Lyndon general areas. I am having a difficult time finding cash flowing deals at the moment, which could be my in experience or just current market conditions. If you're ever up for coffee, we can discuss some more specifics of my experience here in Louisville.


    -Felix

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.