New to real estate investing with a tech background and crypto

New to real estate investing with a tech background and crypto

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone!

Happy to be here. We've (my wife and I) been looking at BiggerPockets for a while and decided to get more involved in real estate recently after moving from San Diego CA to Meridian Idaho. We purchased our first condo in San Diego back in 2020, flipped it and sold it in 2022 - not a quick flip but the wait was worth it to avoid those steep taxes if we had sold prior to the two year mark.

We are really excited for our next venture and looking to get into Airbnbs and have our eyes on some properties. The main reason we moved out of San Diego was because it was too pricey for us to do something like this in addition to pay for our own rent; we also just wanted to explore another area that was a bit different than our own. The other, more important reason, was because this last April my dad passed away after battling Parkinsons for many years. His passing made me realize that life is short and I need to step my family up for success as much as possible.

We are busy going around our here in Meridian and the surrounding areas just to meet with folks and get to know Idaho. If you are in the area and want to connected let us know. 

Thanks for reading and looking forward to connecting with you!

Will and Ashley

Tech background: 
I've been doing software design for 15 years and have worked on large platforms and currently a founding member of a blockchain startup. I created a traveling salesman app a few years ago that would make house hunting a bit easier, if you were looking at multiple houses in the course of a day, it would chart the most feasible route based on time of appointment, gas, and mileage. I built it mainly because I felt bad for our agent taking us to all these houses and we hadn't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I never publicly launched it and just left it alone haha maybe I'll resurrect it or get another idea along the way.

1Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan SpathBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 566 posts · 377 votes
    1y

    @William Dos Santos

    Welcome to Idaho! It's fantastic to have you here in the Treasure Valley.

    I'm curious, how much do you miss that ocean breeze? My family and I visited Mission Beach a few years back and absolutely loved it – walking the boardwalk and taking in all the views was a highlight!

    I'm truly sorry to hear about your father's passing. That must have been an incredibly tough situation to navigate. I completely agree with your perspective that life is short, and focusing on setting your family up for long-term success is an admirable goal. Real estate definitely has the power to do just that!

    As an agent and active investor here in the Treasure Valley, based in NW Boise, I'm passionate about helping people leverage real estate for their financial goals.

    I'd love to connect over coffee sometime to hear more about your plans and discuss how real estate in our market could help you achieve them.

    Let me know what your availability looks like.

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    @Ryan Spath

    Great to hear from you! Yeah absolutely down to get a coffee at a preferred spot. I'll shoot you a text.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.