New Investor in San Antonio

New Investor in San Antonio

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 9 votes

Good Morning!  My wife and I are excited to be jumping into the investing scene starting here in San Antonio.  We currently have a LTR that was a new construction home on the far west side of town.  Somewhere around April we will have enough saved to jump into our next deal.

We are looking to get in touch with local groups and start building a team.  We would like to jump in to fix and flips due to my experience in the construction field.  The goal is to pay down principle with flips and then snowball into the next LTR.  I like the idea of new construction for our primary LTR due to the current concessions but we are open to other deal types as well.

6Reply
280 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · McAllen, TX · Member since 2025 · 141 posts · 58 votes
1y

Hey there Ronnie. Welcome to the BiggerPockets community. 

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · McAllen, TX · Member since 2025 · 141 posts · 58 votes
    1y

    Hey there Ronnie. Welcome to the BiggerPockets community. 

  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 957 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Ronnie Wilhite:

    Good Morning!  My wife and I are excited to be jumping into the investing scene starting here in San Antonio.  We currently have a LTR that was a new construction home on the far west side of town.  Somewhere around April we will have enough saved to jump into our next deal.

    We are looking to get in touch with local groups and start building a team.  We would like to jump in to fix and flips due to my experience in the construction field.  The goal is to pay down principle with flips and then snowball into the next LTR.  I like the idea of new construction for our primary LTR due to the current concessions but we are open to other deal types as well.


     Congrats on having one already bring cash flow, and looking for more!  Happy to chat about the financing side of things.

  • Member since 2022 · 75 posts · 42 votes
    1y

    Congrats on the LTR. You can’t beat some of these concessions from New construction builders! What areas of town are you interested in targeting for flips? San Antonio has a few pockets that became super popular with flippers and now there are a bunch of them struggling to sell  

    • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 9 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Tiffanie Figueroa:

      Congrats on the LTR. You can’t beat some of these concessions from New construction builders! What areas of town are you interested in targeting for flips? San Antonio has a few pockets that became super popular with flippers and now there are a bunch of them struggling to sell  

      I do not have a particular preference for the areas, but Windcrest keeps catching my eye with some of the properties there.  I've also seen a few properties of interest in the lower tier of the Stone Oak area. 
  • Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee/Madison, WI · Member since 2023 · 29 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    Welcome to the community Ronnie! 

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 9 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Do you have any project that needs funding?


     Not currently.  I'm targeting around the March/April timeframe as we are currently building cash reserves.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio · Member since 2024 · 103 posts · 42 votes
    1y

    Hi Ronnie!

    Welcome to BiggerPockets and the San Antonio investing scene! It sounds like you and your wife are coming in with a solid plan, especially with your construction background—that’s a big advantage when it comes to flips. I work with a lot of investors here in San Antonio, helping them source off-market properties for flips and rentals, and I’d be happy to connect you with opportunities that fit your goals.

    Are you mainly focused on staying in the San Antonio area, or are you open to surrounding markets as well?

    • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 9 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Lisa Choi:

      Hi Ronnie!

      Welcome to BiggerPockets and the San Antonio investing scene! It sounds like you and your wife are coming in with a solid plan, especially with your construction background—that’s a big advantage when it comes to flips. I work with a lot of investors here in San Antonio, helping them source off-market properties for flips and rentals, and I’d be happy to connect you with opportunities that fit your goals.

      Are you mainly focused on staying in the San Antonio area, or are you open to surrounding markets as well?


       I'm keeping my eyes open to Central and South Texas.  I have not really looked into Laredo, but I know there is a tremendous amount of commercial distribution growth there.  The problem with Laredo right now is that the growth has doubled or tripled the capacity of the infrastructure.  Getting through town in the afternoon is horrendous.

    • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio · Member since 2024 · 103 posts · 42 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ronnie Wilhite:
      Quote from @Lisa Choi:

      Hi Ronnie!

      Welcome to BiggerPockets and the San Antonio investing scene! It sounds like you and your wife are coming in with a solid plan, especially with your construction background—that’s a big advantage when it comes to flips. I work with a lot of investors here in San Antonio, helping them source off-market properties for flips and rentals, and I’d be happy to connect you with opportunities that fit your goals.

      Are you mainly focused on staying in the San Antonio area, or are you open to surrounding markets as well?


       I'm keeping my eyes open to Central and South Texas.  I have not really looked into Laredo, but I know there is a tremendous amount of commercial distribution growth there.  The problem with Laredo right now is that the growth has doubled or tripled the capacity of the infrastructure.  Getting through town in the afternoon is horrendous.


      That makes a lot of sense—Laredo definitely has growth, but the infrastructure piece can be tough right now. Central and South Texas both have some strong pockets for flips and rentals, and I work closely with investors who are looking for exactly those types of opportunities.

      Since you’ve got the construction background, the right off-market property could put you in a great position to create strong margins on your flips and then roll that equity into rentals. I’m based in San Antonio but also keep an eye on surrounding markets, so I’d be glad to be a resource as you’re gearing up for your next deal in April.

  • Justin BrickmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2021 · 502 posts · 274 votes
    1y

    That’s awesome! Welcome Ronnie. Would love to sit down and chat about the local market if you ever have some time 

  • Property Manager · San Antonio · Member since 2025 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    1y

    Hi @Ronnie Wilhite! If you're looking to connect with local property management for your LTR or just to have someone local in that space in your phone, I'd love to connect with you. I've been barking at all my investors to go buy these new builds up, it's a smart strategy for our market right now! 

    • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2025 · 9 posts · 9 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Courtney Amaya:

      Hi @Ronnie Wilhite! If you're looking to connect with local property management for your LTR or just to have someone local in that space in your phone, I'd love to connect with you. I've been barking at all my investors to go buy these new builds up, it's a smart strategy for our market right now! 


       Thanks for reaching out!  I do currently have a PM company handling this property, but would definitely like to talk as we get closer to our next acquisition.

  • Rashad GeorgePro Member
    Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2024 · 52 posts · 23 votes
    1y

    Welcome to BP. I like the plan that you and your wife have. You also have a useful skillset with a background in construction. I wish you well! I'd love to pick your brain and exchange ideas about how to succeed in the local are.

  • Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Hi Ronnie,

    Congratulations to you and your wife on your investing journey, and thank you for sharing your exciting plans! Your approach of leveraging construction experience for fix and flips sounds really strategic.

    If you see value in adding technology to your real estate ventures, I’d be happy to chat! I specialize in AI and automation engineering, and I have a few demo projects—like a voice AI agent for appointment booking/FAQ answers and an AI app for smart site plan generation and lot boundary detection.

    If you ever need help streamlining operations, analyzing deals, or adding a technical edge to your workflow, feel free to reach out. I’d love to connect and see how I can support your projects.

    Wishing you continued succes

    Kenta

  • Charles HolderPro Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 141 posts · 27 votes
    11mo

    Hi Ronnie, I'm Charles Holder a veteran and mortgage broker here in SA. I invest in real estate with my wife who is a top realtor in town and has a solid team behind her.

    I can do everything from VA FHA CONV USA - FIX and Flip - construction and DSCR loans. All at wholesale rates.

    I also do business funding ( 2 year 0% apr line of credits that you can recycle ) i'm here for anything you need =) of if you want to ever just brainstorm real estate.

    we have almost 3m of property here in town we started from 0 five years ago and have done STR MTR LTR. I'd love to connect =)

  • Jeremy R.Business Member
    Property Manager · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2024 · 37 posts · 15 votes
    11mo

    Hi @Ronnie Wilhite, have you considered STR? San Antonio still has opportunities if you're interested in learning more about what makes a successful San Antonio STR. We have a management portfolio of about 20 homes and are AirDNA's #2 San Antonio STR management company. Good luck!

    Five Star Vacation Home Rentals5196 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 8 votes
    11mo

    Hey, welcome to the San Antonio investing scene!  Sounds like you’ve got a solid plan and a great foundation with that first rental. Having construction experience is a huge advantage  especially when you start tackling flips. There’s a strong community of local investors here, so you’re in a good place to build that team. What part of town are you thinking about focusing on for your next deal?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.