Advice Needed: Building a Long-Term Career in Real Estate (Remote Experience)

Advice Needed: Building a Long-Term Career in Real Estate (Remote Experience)

Virtual Assistant · Member since 2025 · 15 posts · 8 votes

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for guidance from those who have built long-term careers in real estate.

Over the past few years, I’ve worked remotely with U.S.-based real estate companies in California while living in Mexico. My background includes several years supporting property management and real estate brokerage operations, with a strong focus on systems, organization, and operational efficiency.

Some areas I’ve been involved in:

  • Leasing support and application screening

  • Maintenance request coordination and work order tracking

  • CRM management and internal system organization

  • Workflow automation using tools like Google Workspace, Zapier, and form-based systems

  • Improving internal processes to reduce manual work and improve follow-up

I recently had to step away from work temporarily due to family matters, which are now resolved. I’m using this time to be intentional about my next steps and ensure I’m moving in the right direction for the long term.

For those with experience growing in this industry, I’d appreciate your perspective on:

  • Which roles tend to offer the strongest long-term growth

  • Skills or systems knowledge that create the most leverage over time

  • How remote experience fits into real estate businesses today

  • Mistakes you’d avoid if you were starting over

0Reply
58 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Henry ClarkPro Member
    Developer · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    9mo

    OP.  I always like to have an unfair advantage.  Sounds like you live in Mexico and hopefully are a Mexican citizen.

    I would use those as my strength in REI.
    Develop properties in Mexico.  Figure out the ownership and finance process.  Develop a great

    Construction team you run or use.  

    Ask around US expats in Mexico.  What a great total package or experience looks like. 

    I think you will have more and easier success than in the U.S.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.