New investor, looking to gain more knowledge about real estate

New investor, looking to gain more knowledge about real estate

Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hi,

My name is Darko. I am looking to connect with the other investors and share knowledge and maybe new investment.

I am new to this filed, I bought my first property last year 2025 in June, in Kissimmee,FL,Iam having management team that they rent as a STR. i am planning to go fully into this field as my background is in hospitality industry. My next project will be moving to FL and handle the thing from there.

This is my short introduction ,for now.

looking forward to learn from you.

best,

2Reply
85 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Boston, MA · Member since 2021 · 125 posts · 64 votes
    8mo

    Darko - good luck.  My background is also in hospitality.  DM if you ever would like to chat.  

  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8mo
    Quote from @Darko Lazic:

    Hi,

    My name is Darko. I am looking to connect with the other investors and share knowledge and maybe new investment.

    I am new to this filed, I bought my first property last year 2025 in June, in Kissimmee,FL,Iam having management team that they rent as a STR. i am planning to go fully into this field as my background is in hospitality industry. My next project will be moving to FL and handle the thing from there.

    This is my short introduction ,for now.

    looking forward to learn from you.

    best,


     Congratulations on your first deal and welcome to BiggerPockets!

    This is a great place to connect with other investors and grow your network.

    I'd recommend using the search feature to find people and topics of interest. You can also set up keyword alerts to receive notifications anytime your preferred keywords are mentioned. 

    All the best!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Investor · Willis, TX · Member since 2014 · 245 posts · 124 votes
    8mo

    Congratulations on the first deal! That's so awesome and welcome!

    I tell people to keep their W-2 as long as possible. Real estate can sometimes need a bit of a long runway to launch and be able to subsist from it. I've done a couple hundred fix & flips + new construction duplexes... so if you need any free advice on that, let me know boss. Happy to help! From Tejas!

  • Member since 2026 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    8mo

    HI Michael, 

    h

    How's the Boston market right now?

    What do you do in the hospitality industry? How is your investment going in the real estate?

    Thanks for reaching out 

  • Real Estate Broker · New York, NY · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8mo

    Hi Darko,

    Welcome to BP! Sounds like you're already off to a solid start with your first STR in Kissimmee. Are you planning to stick with STRs for your next property? Best of luck with everything as you move closer to running things on-site in Florida!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.