New to BiggerPockets: Does Lead Gen Tactics Change Across Different Market Types?

New to BiggerPockets: Does Lead Gen Tactics Change Across Different Market Types?

Ghana · Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 1 vote

I understand that real estate markets can shift between a buyer’s market, a seller’s market, and a balanced market. I’m curious whether lead‑generation strategies remain the same across these different market conditions. I’d appreciate any insights on how to effectively generate leads in each type of market.

If you have recommendations for helpful resources or proptech tools that support lead generation, I’d be grateful for those as well. I’m new to the BiggerPockets platform and eager to learn from the community.

1Reply
53 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7mo

    A great quote I heard about marketing

                Everything works somewhere. Nothing works everywhere

  • Bo SmithPro Member
    Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    7mo

    Market type definitely changes your approach. In seller's markets I focus more on off-market - driving for dollars, expired listings, FSBOs who gave up. In buyer's markets, MLS deals actually work since there's less competition. The key thing most people miss and your follow-up cadence needs to be way more aggressive in hot markets because everyone's moving faster. Are you planning to focus on one specific lead source or cast a wider net?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.