Hey Michel, I am in the Killeen market. I work with a lot with investors who are remote. Being next to Ft.Hood, many soldiers end up putting their properties into property management with us and head onto the next duty station. So naturally, we make sure to have good communication lines to ensure everyone gets updates on their property. For the active investors such as yourself, almost all of them live out of state or in other metros.
If you are looking for a good connection in Killeen, I can connect with you to help you procure a good investment and I can manage the property for you. It is a buyer's market right now and there is a lot of inventory to choose from. I can share my knowledge of the good areas of town and the bad areas. Finding a real estate agent for investments is tricky, in my opinion you need someone who can assist in procuring a property and give you advice based on the rental market. Most realtor's do not have actual experience in rent prices, which is important to know for cash flow purposes.
Welcome, Michel! Killeen can be solid with the Fort Cavazos demand driving rentals, but since you’re already thinking remote, it might be worth comparing a few Midwest markets too, where purchase prices are lower, and the rent-to-price ratios are stronger, which often means easier cash flow and less risk starting. A lot of investors find they can scale faster there versus fighting tight margins in higher-priced areas. Either way, connecting with a good local team makes all the difference.
Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
7mo
Michel, welcome to the BP community! I am not in Killeen but I am confident you will find investors here who are active in that market. Wishing you much success on your investment journey.
Hey Michel, I am in the Killeen market. I work with a lot with investors who are remote. Being next to Ft.Hood, many soldiers end up putting their properties into property management with us and head onto the next duty station. So naturally, we make sure to have good communication lines to ensure everyone gets updates on their property. For the active investors such as yourself, almost all of them live out of state or in other metros.
If you are looking for a good connection in Killeen, I can connect with you to help you procure a good investment and I can manage the property for you. It is a buyer's market right now and there is a lot of inventory to choose from. I can share my knowledge of the good areas of town and the bad areas. Finding a real estate agent for investments is tricky, in my opinion you need someone who can assist in procuring a property and give you advice based on the rental market. Most realtor's do not have actual experience in rent prices, which is important to know for cash flow purposes.
Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
7mo
Killeen's solid for rentals with Fort Hood nearby. Pro tip: location near base gates beats price per square foot every time. Military families want short commutes. Looking at single family or multifamily?
Killeen's solid for rentals with Fort Hood nearby. Pro tip: location near base gates beats price per square foot every time. Military families want short commutes. Looking at single family or multifamily?
The further south you go for single family, the newer the property. (generally) The newer the house and neighborhood, the more likely you will attract a quality tenant. There are a few locations you will want to avoid because the tenant base can create more issues than it is worth. Worse applications, less income, payment issues. A good test is how do you feel driving around at night? Would you feel comfortable chatting with a friend outside of your car?
There are certainly nice properties spread around north Killeen that may be good deals and can cashflow. But you will want to operate knowing enough about the location to be sure you don't buy a house that will create drama.