Jumping into the Investment Space in Charlotte, NC

Jumping into the Investment Space in Charlotte, NC

Charlotte, NC · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 8 votes

Hi! I've been a listener of the Real Estate Rookie Bigger Pockets Podcast for the past year. Just got into the investment space in Charlotte, and I am looking to connect with people in the area in the real estate industry. While in college at the University of South Carolina, I was working with a development group that specializes in building student housing and short-term rental properties in the Columbia area. I am excited to use my experience to build my real estate career here in Charlotte!

4Reply
127 views

Most Popular Reply

Bo SmithPro Member
Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
7mo

Charlotte's hot right now - that student housing experience is solid prep. Start building your buyer's list before you find deals, even if you're not wholesaling. Makes everything smoother when opportunities pop up. What neighborhoods are you targeting first?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
    7mo

    William, welcome to the BP community. I would recommend plugging into local investor meetups and connecting with small developers and property managers to learn neighborhood-level trends quickly. 

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    7mo

    Thank you, Janice! I will start looking into different meetups in the area. 

  • Bo SmithPro Member
    Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    7mo

    Charlotte's hot right now - that student housing experience is solid prep. Start building your buyer's list before you find deals, even if you're not wholesaling. Makes everything smoother when opportunities pop up. What neighborhoods are you targeting first?

  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 8 votes
    7mo

    Thanks for the advice Bo! I have been building my buyer's list, and luckily, I work with a brokerage that finds deals for our sales team. We've been mostly locking up properties on the north side of Charlotte, as well as Concord. Excited for what's to come!

  • Freddy AlbanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 74 posts · 33 votes
    7mo

    Welcome to Charlotte! That’s awesome you’ve been plugged into the Rookie podcast and already have hands-on experience with student housing and short-term rentals in Columbia — that background will definitely give you an edge here. I’m an active investor and realtor in the Charlotte market (buy and hold, flips, and creative financing, wholesaling), and I can tell you this city is very submarket-specific, so understanding the numbers and demand like you’ve been doing is key. I’d love to connect, compare notes, and hear what strategies you’re planning to focus on as you build your presence here, feel free to shoot me a message!

    Freddy Alban - Realtor516 Reviews
  • Steven GlickBusiness Member
    Lender · Buffalo · Member since 2024 · 115 posts · 33 votes
    7mo

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! It's great that you're coming in with hands-on experience from development and STR projects, that background will definitely help as you transition into the Charlotte market. As you begin looking at opportunities, have you thought about what type of financing you'd want to use for your first deal?

  • Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 100 posts · 9 votes
    7mo

    Welcome, William, and good luck as you start your new journey! I am a residential investment loan officer and encourage you to utilize me as a resource to help you navigate through and become better educated about lending options / borrower strategies.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.