Trying to figure it out! Midterm rentals or traditional leases?

Trying to figure it out! Midterm rentals or traditional leases?

Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 6 votes

Hi, i'm new to BiggerPockets and have heard great things about the forums such as everyone tries to help folks figure things out.  So I decided to give it a try.  I have a 1brm furnished midterm rental available in Mount Vernon NY, Westchester County, close to major hospitals. 

1. Do you think a single nurse or travelling professional would want to rent a 1bdrm by themselves and pay a lower rent?

2. Or do you think they'd prefer a 2brm furnished apartment and pay a higher rent or possibly share that space with a roommate and split the rent? 

3. Or, should I make these units into unfurnished year-to-year traditional rentals?

Could you give me some feedback? It would help me figure out how to market my rentals. Thanks for the love!

1Reply
58 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Bree J.:

    Hi, i'm new to BiggerPockets and have heard great things about the forums such as everyone tries to help folks figure things out.  So I decided to give it a try.  I have a 1brm furnished midterm rental available in Mount Vernon NY, Westchester County, close to major hospitals. 

    1. Do you think a single nurse or travelling professional would want to rent a 1bdrm by themselves and pay a lower rent?

    2. Or do you think they'd prefer a 2brm furnished apartment and pay a higher rent or possibly share that space with a roommate and split the rent? 

    3. Or, should I make these units into unfurnished year-to-year traditional rentals?

    Could you give me some feedback? It would help me figure out how to market my rentals. Thanks for the love!

    Hey @Bree J., welcome to the BP Forum! Have you checked out AirDNA and/or PadSplit activity in the area? Do you know what the different asking rents are for your number 1 and 3?

  • Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    7mo

    Hi Jaycee, I have not.  Thanks for the tip!  I will check those out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.