Newby Real Estate Investor Recommendations for Banking and REI Tech Stack

Newby Real Estate Investor Recommendations for Banking and REI Tech Stack

Member since 2025 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Hi BiggerPockets Community!

I've been a long-time listener and reader, and I'm excited to post for the first time in this forum and share that I've officially pulled the trigger and created my first LLC! Now that this step is completed and I've put together my core team, my next big milestone is purchasing my first property which I want to ideally do within the next two months.

As I'm looking to get my first rental, I want to make sure I establish a solid foundation for my business. I’m looking for your recommendations for the following:

1. Business Checking/Savings Accounts: Is there a clear winner for REI? I prioritize a strong tech platform and UI over a physical branch. Since I'm planning to utilize the PadSplit model, I’m expecting a high volume of transactions with multiple tenants, so I need an account with no "per-transaction" fees. A  high-yield savings for reserves would be a nice to have. Integration with QuickBooks (or other REI-specific tools) would also be ideal since I think these could come handy in the future as my business matures. I'm currently looking at options and am open to any recommendations.

2. Business Credit Card: I'm planning to acquire a fixer-upper and want to leverage a 0% intro APR business card (like the Chase Ink series) for the renovation. This is not required but since I'm applying to a business credit card, I want to make sure I get value out of any bonus offerings out there. For the 0% intro APR card approach, I realized that despite my 800 personal credit score, the brand-new LLC with no revenue history might only net me a ~$25K limit which would likely be insufficient to fund a rehab (most likely $50K–$100K). Considering this, should I disregard the "0% APR card" strategy entirely and look at other alternatives? Or are there mechanisms to secure a higher limit on a first business card?

3. The "REI App" Stack: While my property manager will handle most daily operations and provide a monthly report with the rental's expenses, I want to stay efficient and "dialed in" as an owner. Are there specific desktop or mobile apps you suggest for tracking portfolio performance, analyzing deals, or managing the "owner's view" of a rental?

I'll be honest—I'm still very much in the "learning phase" when it comes to the technical side of property management and REI tech. I am eager to hear from anyone running rentals—whether it's PadSplits, LTRs, or STRs.

How does your "financial tech stack" look like?

Humbly looking for any wisdom you can share!

Thanks!

Octavio

1Reply
79 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tim KirkPro Member
    Member since 2026 · 86 posts · 49 votes
    7mo

    I keep 5-10k in checking account and keep other funds in an EverBank high interest savings account. I also use QB online for easy access to my accountant come tax time. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 414 posts · 233 votes
    7mo

    If you're working on getting your first deal I'd keep it super simple. Track on google sheets/excel, open up a biz account with your EIN at the bank you use personally. Biz credit card isn't a bad idea to start building credit for the business - to your point, you probably won't be able to fund a full rehab. 

    Focus on getting a deal then worry about the rest later!

    Also, I work with padsplit in the Atlanta market. If you need a contact at Padsplit I'd be happy to connect you to one of my AEs at Padsplit that serves nationwide. If interested, shoot me a note on BP or contact info in bio.

    Good luck getting a deal!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.