Aspiring real estate investor in Philly area with construction experience

Aspiring real estate investor in Philly area with construction experience

Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Hey! I have been listening to BP for years and finally decided to make an account. I am 25, work for a general contractor, and looking to get my feet wet in real estate. I would love to connect to get exposure to: fix n flips, rentals, property management, anything! I simply want to learn and would love to help anyone out in the process! 

3Reply
95 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 927 votes
    7mo
    Quote from @Kevin Travers:

    Hey! I have been listening to BP for years and finally decided to make an account. I am 25, work for a general contractor, and looking to get my feet wet in real estate. I would love to connect to get exposure to: fix n flips, rentals, property management, anything! I simply want to learn and would love to help anyone out in the process! 


    With your construction background, you’re already ahead of a lot of new investors. If you’re open to out-of-state options, the Midwest is a great place to get started, where off-market duplexes and small multis that cash flow immediately, and your rehab skills would really add value. Plus, plugging into a local team of lenders, property managers, and contractors makes scaling much easier. It’s a solid way to get hands-on experience without fighting bidding wars.

  • Specialist · Philadephia · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    7mo

    Where at in the country are you thinking about doing the fix n flips?

    • Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Anthony Bonowski:

      Where at in the country are you thinking about doing the fix n flips?


       I'd love to stay local and start investing in the Philly area that I know best... how about yourself?

  • Real Estate Agent · Philadelphia · Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    7mo

    Hey Kevin,

    I owned a contruction company in Philly. I learned a lot working for local real estate management companies as a vendor, which it sounds like is a part-time option for you. I would start by talking to your immediate area real estate people. I have found that real estate people are always willing to help the guy behind them. If you want to connect let me know!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.