New Member from Carrollton, GA (outside Atlanta)

New Member from Carrollton, GA (outside Atlanta)

Real Estate Investor · Carrollton, GA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi all!  My name is Joel Pittsley and I am a new investor in the Atlanta area, specifically Carroll, Haralson, and Douglas counties.  I have spent the last few months educating myself by reading books, forums, and listening to podcasts.  I am very thankful for the BP site and the wealth of information it provides, especially to beginners like myself.  While I know the learning never ends, I am ready to put what I have learned into action.

I am immediately getting into wholesaling, will look to do fix-and-flips in the near future, and do buy-and-holds in the about a year or so.  I am looking for people to network and partner with who have common goals and interest that will be beneficial for everyone.

I look forward to getting to know you all and becoming a part of the BP community!

1Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
12y

@Joel Pittsley

Hey welcome to BP maybe as a forum poster, it appears you have already done a lot of educating on BP. Anyways, I'm from ATL more on the northside but I grew up in Douglasville and am down there periodically. If you ever need any help just let me know. 

In the meantime:

1. New to BP?

2. Develop your own business strategy. -- Don’t just be a “jack-of-all-trades"

3. Grow your business by developing your business plan. - Remember there is a difference between goals and a plan.


4. Locate and attend several different local REIAs as they’re great opportunities to network and meet wholesalers, lenders, and contractors.

5. Stay away from the “guru” sales-pitch events - they rarely increase your investment knowledge, they merely empty your wallet!

6. Spend 30 minutes a day on Bigger Pockets by connecting with “colleagues,” perusing blogs and videos, and engaging with others on the forums:


7. Set yourself up to receive free alerts to be notified of subjects that interest you:

Andrew

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    12y

    @Joel Pittsley

    Hey welcome to BP maybe as a forum poster, it appears you have already done a lot of educating on BP. Anyways, I'm from ATL more on the northside but I grew up in Douglasville and am down there periodically. If you ever need any help just let me know. 

    In the meantime:

    1. New to BP?

    2. Develop your own business strategy. -- Don’t just be a “jack-of-all-trades"

    3. Grow your business by developing your business plan. - Remember there is a difference between goals and a plan.


    4. Locate and attend several different local REIAs as they’re great opportunities to network and meet wholesalers, lenders, and contractors.

    5. Stay away from the “guru” sales-pitch events - they rarely increase your investment knowledge, they merely empty your wallet!

    6. Spend 30 minutes a day on Bigger Pockets by connecting with “colleagues,” perusing blogs and videos, and engaging with others on the forums:


    7. Set yourself up to receive free alerts to be notified of subjects that interest you:

    Andrew

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hey Guys,

    My name is Ralph White.

    I'm in Atlanta too in the Sandy Springs area.

    I'm really trying to move on a deal that just kind of fell in my lap.

    Currently renting the townhome I live in and today, the property manager says the owner wants to sell and I could have first dibs.

    These homes go for around $229K and she is willing to sell for $165K.

    He's going back to her with a preliminary offer I gave (a sort of Owner Fi type deal), but I still need about 10% down.

    Since this is so sudden I don't have that available, but don't want to miss this opportunity.

    The plan is to acquire it now, well below market value.  Then, either refi or sell in the next 2 years to capture the equity and use towards other investments.

    I've been searching for all types of lending programs and now I'm reaching out to see how I can work with some investors to take advantage of this deal.

    Any advice or help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Carrollton, GA · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    @Andrew Cordle

    Thank you for the welcome and for all the helpful tips!!

    Joel

  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    12y

    @Ralph White

    Hey I was reading through your post, and my only quick thought is to maybe try Crowd Funding or head over to a local reia and see if you can get someone to fund you there. 

    Hope that helps a little. 

    AC

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the tips. I'll give those options a go.

    Got a few positive responses from mortgage brokers about a purchase money second mortgage. Waiting to hear back.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site.

    @Joel Pittsley 

  • Rental Property Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    BP is a great platform to network. I am interested in crowd funding, anyone have any suggestions?

  • Professional · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 122 posts · 55 votes
    12y

    @Hugh Little  there are some really informative threads here on CF. You can do a keyword search for 'crowdfunding' and many come up: http://www.biggerpockets.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93...

    @Ralph White it's unlikely that a crowdfunding site will fund you for the downpayment as most like 'skin in the game'. I could suggest Lending Club or Prosper for a low amount like that. Let us know how you make out!

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks @AdaPia DErrico 

    I see you're in L.A. I'll be visiting your beautiful city tomorrow and for the next week.  First time visiting as an adult.  Can't wait. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the heads up, if you do have a website I can take a look, that would be great. I will continue the search as well.

    To Your Success

  • Professional · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 122 posts · 55 votes
    12y

    @Ralph White bring your sunscreen! It's scorching hot here this week. Enjoy your time! 

    @Hugh Little our website is www.patchofland.com. I also have a LinkedIn group that I invite you to join to learn more about crowdfunding: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Real-Estate-Crowdfunding-Education-Networking-6710756/about ( I hope that's ok to post per BP rules; I'm not trying steal anyone off this amazing community!)

  • Rental Property Investor · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks a lot Adapia, I will take some time to look at your site.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.