New Member from Denver area

New Member from Denver area

Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 72 votes

Hi everyone on BP. 

My name is Rob Blanchard and I am located in Littleton Colorado, a southern suburb of Denver. I enjoy hiking and Mountain Biking in the Rocky Mountains.

I have attended many REI Meetings, a few Live Events, and have read 1,000s of forum posts in the last decade. I have seen how RE can improve someones life and I know that I will never be truly happy with a conventional Job, as it means "Just Over Broke" for so many people.

I plan on starting out by wholesaling a few properties and then do some fix and flips. Commercial Property also might be an option as I have seen several people do well with Car Washes and Storage Unit Facilities.  Even Laundromat's might be an option.

I have always stayed on the sidelines but now want to "get into the game".

The RE Market in the Denver area seems to be recovering quite nicely as I am seeing a lot of new construction and fewer empty commercial spaces. 

Off to read some of the forum posts on this site and to make a "to do" list to help me to get off of the couch and become an RE investor,

Rob

3Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 852 votes
12y

Hey Rob, 

welcome aboard!

I can help with wholesaling and fix and sell deals. 

As for laundry mats, You are on your own. I don't 

know anything about them other than a funny story. 

When I first started buying homes in the mid 90s, I was in a laundry matt doing a load of clothes( because I lived in my rehabs and did not own a washer. LOL)

Anyhow, I remember pitching someone in the laundry mat on moving into one of my homes and they told me to my face that I was full of crap! They said if I were a landlord with properties for sale or rent, why am I in a laundry mat! LOL

Let me know how I can help!

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent · Carbondale, CO · Member since 2010 · 46 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Welcome, fellow Coloradoan! Real Estate is a long term game so stick with it. Try not to get burned out after a few months.
  • Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 195 posts · 72 votes
    12y

    @Thomas Morgan Thank you for the post and the welcome.  I have not been on the western slope for many years.  My father has being doing RE investing since the 70's.  I am expecting to spend 2-5 years building up my RE assets so I can become a full time RE investor.  I am always looking for stuff "outside" of the box and thus my interest in Storage Unit facilities, Car Washes, and Laundromats.  

    Your specialty of Commercial RE is an interesting one. Sometimes I see large warehouse buildings that are neglected and less than 50% occupied. Sure the economy has been bad but if properly managed and marketed, I do not see why such properties could not be 80% leased and actually netting a decent ROI. Eventually, I will consider doing some Commercial property as they can have many pluses and few downfalls.

    Have a great day,

    Rob

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.