Real Estate Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 2 votes
I was referred to this site after a coincidental conversation with a coworker about real estate investments. (Hello Lisa!) I am currently defining the goal for my next investment and hoping this site can help.
Flipper/Rehabber · Toronto, ON · Member since 2011 · 122 posts · 26 votes
11y
Hi Chris
We are just getting set up in NC. Always looking for people to partner with. If you can find any deals we can help. Not looking for bird dogs, this would be profit sharing and education.
Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 66 votes
11y
@mike hepburn ...Im in the Charlotte NC market, are you looking for deals to buy or wholesale? I'm a wholesaler, looking to get into rehabbing 1st quarter 2015.
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Welcome to BiggerPockets!
We are buy and hold investors. Our goal is to retire in 15 years when my husbands retires from the military through the cash flow from these houses. We got started (bitten by the real estate bug) through buying a foreclosure, fixing it up and than renting it out when we are transferred. We have know many friends who have had roommates in order to allow them to live rent free and continue saving. We personally have funded our investments by living frugally on one income and investing the other in real estate. We also self-manage from a distance while working full time and advancing our careers (increasing investment money).
We personally established our goal (retire in 15 years at 44 and 42) and that we were going to do buy and hold. Beyond that we have simply have adapted and taken advantage of opportunities (even if they weren't wanted) as they arouse. If you had told me what our "business model" of today 3 years ago. I would have laughed, as this wasn't the plan. Instead this has been an amazing adaption and I can't wait to see where we find ourself in 5 years :).
Another great place to learn is around the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your website or blog in your signature. Its a great additional networking source.
Real Estate Agent · Harrisburg, NC · Member since 2014 · 121 posts · 44 votes
11y
My husband and I are also just getting started. We live in Harrisburg and are looking to connect with other local or out of town investors. He is a licensed GC and I am a licensed broker. We are hoping to joint venture with an investor willing to handle the funding. He has over 20 years construction experience doing everything from building luxury custom homes to punch lists for agents. Most recently he has been rehabbing for other flippers and works primarily for investors and agents. For the past 2 years, I have been working with investors on both sides of the Real estate deal. Hoping to do a flip for ourselves soon.
We are also trying to network and learn as much as we can so I'm spending a lot of time on BP and attending REIA meetings and sub meetings. I highly recommend joining MREIA. Maybe we can connect at a local meeting.
Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 9 votes
11y
Chris, I am in Charlotte NC as well, plaza-midwood area. If you'd like to grab lunch/beer/coffee or something and see if we could potentially provide value to one another shoot me an email. [email protected]
Real Estate Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 2 votes
11y
Thanks @Elizabeth Colegrove , I have bookmarked your Reluctant Landlord website and will be spending time getting up to speed on your articles. In which BP forums do you most often post?
Real Estate Agent · Harrisburg, NC · Member since 2014 · 121 posts · 44 votes
11y
There is the Metrolina REIA and the Charlotte REIA. most people recommended the metrolina one so that's where we joined. They have one big monthly meeting per month which is attended by a ton of people. They also have subgroups in Concord, University, Matthews and other locales which also meet monthly. I'd check out their site. I believe you can attend one meeting for free. Meetup also has several groups which meet often. Just search for real estate investors and you'll find them. Most of those meetings are free to attend.
Investor · Peachtree Corners, GA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
@Chris VonCannon timidity can certainly be a virtue when starting out in re investing. As long as you are waiting for the right deal and jumping on it when you do find it.
Renter · Raeford, NC · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 2 votes
11y
@Chris VonCannon welcome to the site. You should be able to make some good connections here. I have learned quite a bit and I try to do as much reading and listening to podcasts as I can.
Real Estate Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 2 votes
11y
Thanks @Cal C. I have lots to learn in order to identify and distinguish great deals from bad decisions. Aside from staying active on the site do you have a list of books I should be reading?
Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 491 posts · 253 votes
11y
@Chris VonCannon - We have ahad a few local meetups of BP members here in Charlotte. They have been occurring every other month with the next one being in November. We haven't posted an official time/place yet but it should be toward the middle of the month. The best way to keep an eye out for it is to set up a Key Word Alert for "Charlotte".
I have several meetings that you can attend as well as tons of great books I could lend to you. Shoot me an email when you'd like to meet up and I'll put you on some books and give you a print out of my calendar for meetings etc. You've probably heard it a millions times, but just in case, the best book to get your mind right is Rich Dad Poor Dad.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 3 votes
11y
@Chris VonCannon , welcome to the site, a great place to be and learn a lot, here in Charlotte we are doing really good, its booming and a lot of opportunities if you know what you are doing.
As @Chris T. Said, set up Charlotte word alert and you will get a lot of Charlotte discussions. I have been to these meetups and I do recommend them.
Residential Real Estate Agent · Denver, NC · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 3 votes
11y
Hey Cindy Bowman I am with the KW in Denver. Mark and Lisa are awesome and you are lucky to work for suck awesome people. I think the Concord Subgroup was tonight!
Real Estate Agent · Harrisburg, NC · Member since 2014 · 121 posts · 44 votes
11y
Hey @Andy DeFruscio, I think you know AJ too. He told me I might want to connect with you. My husband and I are looking for a property to flip. Keep me in mind if you come across anything. Concord meets on Thursdays. We've been to a few of the meetings.