Newbie from Gaitersburg, Maryland!

Newbie from Gaitersburg, Maryland!

Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hi,

My name is Michael Seonarain, I stumbled upon this website while looking for more information on real estate investing.This site is awesome! It's filled with all kinds of useful information. My plan is to educate myself on all aspects of this business before making my first investment. I'm naturally a skeptic so I like to know what I'm getting into without any of the fluff. I've been listening to the Podcast on my way to work and reading though the beginner guides and other material on this website. My goal is to build supplemental income and at this early stage I'm more concern about getting as much information as I can before choosing a direction.

I would like to focus on residential real estate, single family, maybe start with a small flip.. then see how that goes.

3Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Laurel, MD · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 17 votes
11y

Welcome Michael!  Great to have another Marylander aboard.  Great way to start with the podcasts and forum fishing.  Lots of great info and people to connect with.  Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Laurel, MD · Member since 2014 · 75 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Welcome Michael!  Great to have another Marylander aboard.  Great way to start with the podcasts and forum fishing.  Lots of great info and people to connect with.  Good luck!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Michael S. 

    Welcome. Take a moment to fill out your profile.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 804 posts · 230 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Michael S. 

    welcome to the site. I recommend setting up keyword alerts for areas of interest such as Maryland.

  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2012 · 336 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Michael S. 

    Welcome fellow Bigger Pockets member! This is a great forum and I am sure it will help you learn many facets of the real estate investment world. I purchased my first investment property over 40 years ago and only wish that I had a resource like BP community when I got started! So you are in a good company.

    Some say that your net-worth equals your network, and this is the place to make right connections. You should also find investors locally and network with them face-to-face. Find people close to you using MEET feature. Also, look for investor meetings on Meetup.

    All the best!

  • Investor · DMV Maryland · Member since 2013 · 867 posts · 370 votes
    11y

    Welcome to the BP Nation!

  • Real Estate Investor · Clarksburg, MD · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    There is a meet n greet scheduled for next week at buffalo wild wing in Gaithersburg. I believe it is on 2/3 at 8PM.
  • Rental Property Investor · Frederick, MD · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi CM Williams,

    I'm in Rockville. Where can I find more information on this meet and greet?

    Thanks!

    Charlene

  • Homeowner · Katy · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    Welcome Michael!  You've come to the right place!!!

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks everyone for your replies and advise.

  • Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I could not attend that meet. When or where can I also find out about the next meet?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.