New member from Finland (Moving to Richmond,VA)

New member from Finland (Moving to Richmond,VA)

Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hey there!

I'm a relatively new member from Finland, me and my wife are planning on moving to Richmond,VA in 2016. She is from New York so I am forcing her to move a bit further south.

I am very new to real estate and unfortunately only have experience either living under my parents roof or renting from a landlord. Oh well, purchase prices over here in Finland are kind of ridiculous compared to the rental income you get.

Anyway, I am dead set on becoming financially independent before I turn 40 years old (I'm 26 at the moment) and have decided that real estate will play a large part in this plan. I am really thankful for this website and the podcast+webinar Brandon and Joshua put on. They have really helped me to gain an insight into real estate investing.

I'd love to network with people in Richmond,VA and the area around it just to get to know some people there before moving there and also in order to be able to get into investing in real estate in the area.

Neither of us have actually ever visited Richmond but we will come down for a week this summer to check the city out while visiting family in NYC. 

Hope to hear from you guys!

-Fredrik

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Fredrik Lundström Hi and welcome to BP!

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 293 posts · 96 votes
    11y

    @Fredrik Lundström Welcome to the site and early welcome to Richmond!

    Feel free to reach out and we can coordinate a time during your visit for a driving tour of the city. I love to show off our town and everything going on here. It's a really exciting time to be here and I know you'll love it.

    Best of luck with the move and your investing career!

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    11y

    Hi @Fredrik Lundström  and welcome to BP! I am sure your time on BP will be a wonderful experience.

  • Richmond, VA · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks Jon and Antonio! I will Jon once we visit in the summer, thank you for the offer.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.