Hello from a New BP Member in Davenport, Iowa

Hello from a New BP Member in Davenport, Iowa

Rental Property Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes

As a new member to BP, I'm very excited to introduce myself and hopefully meet some great people through BP! I'm 30 years old, live in Davenport, Iowa and work for a local distribution company in the area. I have absolutely zero experience in real estate investing, but am ambitious and eager to learn. 

I came across BP by chance. I was searching for "real estate investing" podcasts on my phone and gave BiggerPockets a try, little knowing just how popular, powerful and helpful this gem would be. Since that time a couple weeks ago, I've been trying to catch up nearly every day and have now decided to ramp things up by joining BP!

My goals are this point are to absorb as much information as possible, network and build mutually beneficial relationships. I plan to use real estate investing as a way to diversify my portfolio, fund college education for my brand new baby and realize my dream of being financially free. With enough effort, guidance and due diligence, I would like to make my first transaction within a year.

I look forward to meeting other investors in the QC area, learning how to be a successful investor and making my first deal!

Thanks for reading!

Shane

0Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2014 · 661 posts · 400 votes
    11y

    @Shane Huff

    Hey Welcome to the site, I have some really good investors friends that do quite a bit. And they are about your age. You should look them Jared and Ryan Hussman.  (I don't think they are on BP) :(

    Good luck let me know if I can help you with anything else. 


    Andrew

  • CCIM · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2014 · 341 posts · 170 votes
    11y

    @Shane Huff

    Welcome to the neighborhood!  I've been in RE for a while, but fairly new to BP as well, but have found this site to be an amazing help.  You should definitely look up some local meetup groups in your area.  I recently started one here in Waterloo/Cedar Falls area and it has been a great way to connect personally to other investors.  You glean so much more off of listening to others talk than you could just reading posts online.

    Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you progress!

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    11y

    Hi @Shane Huff  and welcome to BP! I am sure your time on BP will be a wonderful experience.

  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    @Shane Huff

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!!!

    I'm glad to see you decided to introduce yourself to everyone. If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to ask away. If I don't know the answer, I'm pretty sure I can at least guide you in the right direction.

    In the meantime, if you're in need of a quick inspiration read, feel free to check out my blog post here:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/6240/blog_posts/42502-the-four-qualities-you-must-possess-for-success

    Looking forward to connecting with you and seeing you around the forum.

    Very respectfully,

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Shane Huff Hi and welcome to BP and the wonderful world of REI!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.