New member saying hello from Spokane, WA

New member saying hello from Spokane, WA

Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started and am trying to learn as much as possible, and generally get involved. I've been listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast archive a lot. Would be happy to meet investors in the Spokane area.

2Reply
30 views

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 317 posts · 181 votes
    11y

    Awesome @Ryan Kee! Networking is the key here on BP, as I found it 4 years ago, I have since done deals, analyzed deals, and been mentored by people I have met on here.  Such a great resource.  & also... tons of people in WA state to network with, as Seattle is pretty expensive and competitive, everywhere else has become so desirable the past few decades.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi Jared! Glad to hear that you've had some success. Would be interested in hearing about your and others' stories on financing projects. I am a big podcast fan - I'll check yours out.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP community @Ryan Kee It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best! 

    @Ryan Kee

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Ryan Kee

    welcome to the BP nation.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Kee

     Hi and welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s a great place to learn more about investing and meet the people you want to meet. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

    I am in Oregon now, but lived for over 20 years in Washington state, including a brief stay in Spokane for work.  I have an old friend who lives there now.  Beautiful area.

  • Investor · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 62 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @Ryan Kee from the other side of the mountains and north in Marysville!  Spokane is a market of interest to me in the future.  I really enjoy that area.  I also have peeked at Idaho, too.  The prices are very affordable compared to this side of the state and I think the returns may be a little higher percentage wise for rentals.  

    I'm glad you found the podcasts.  Lots of good info there.  The best way to network with people involved on your local market is to find real estate investing groups in your area.

    This may be a good place to check out: http://www.meetup.com/Next-Gen-REI-Club/events/221...

  • Investor · Post Falls, ID · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Welcome to the forum @Ryan Kee. I'm over in Coeur d'Alene/Post Falls.

    Great resources here!

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thanks everyone for saying hello. I am open to partnering on a multi-family deal - feel free to reach out.

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Hey Ryan, welcome to Biggerpockets

    BiggerPockets
  • Grants Pass, OR · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Welcome, @Ryan Kee to the forum! I'm also interested in the Spokane area.

  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    11y

    Ryan - welcome from Boise!  Spokane is a great town - my family is from Sandpoint so Spokane was our go to town for most things.  I think you'll find quite a few members on here from North Idaho as well.   

  • Real Estate Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!  You will find people here very knowledgeable and willing to help.  I grew-up in Spokane and get there regularly to visit family.  Feel free to connect.

    Cheers / Kyle

  • Real Estate Agent · Hayden, ID · Member since 2010 · 89 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    Welcome from the Coeur d'Alene area! 

  • Real Estate Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Hi Ryan,

    Welcome to BP! I purchased my second home in CDA and very familiar with Spokane. My family moved to CDA from SoCal 13 years ago and I'm considering investing in Spokane as well. My parents have a successful background in construction and flipping, retired from it years ago, but getting back into it because of my goal to have more properties. Looking forward to hearing about your successes and perhaps we can continue networking as I'm fairly new at this as well. :)

    All the best,

    Elle 

  • Michele FischerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Ryan, greetings from over the mountains!  Sounds like Spokane is a great place to invest.  Stay active on the site to get the most out of it, even if it's just welcoming other newbies for awhile.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi @Elle Scott - Happy to meet a Spokanite! Agreed that we should continue networking and sharing experiences.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi @Jonna Weber,

    We have all those cities in common - I grew up in Boise, spent my summers in Sandpoint (at Grandma's), and now live in Spokane. Thanks for saying hi.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Kyle Sale Thanks for saying hi. I'd be happy to meet for a coffee next time you're here.

  • Real Estate Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I'll be up their later this month, let's connect either Saturday 4/25 or Sunday 4/26.

  • Real Estate Agent · Hayden, ID · Member since 2010 · 89 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Kee

    What part of Boise did you grow up in? I did the same route- grew up in Boise and ended up here in the Inland Empire (or whatever they are calling the CDA/Spokane area these days). I love both places so I have invested in both- gives my trips home partial write off. :-)

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Lisa Troxel

     I was in the southeast area (went to Timberline High School) - Boise always looks better and better every time I go back.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Kyle Sale

     Sounds great, holler at me when you're here.

  • Real Estate Agent · Hayden, ID · Member since 2010 · 89 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    I started out by the airport (my dad was a pilot) and ended up out by Eagle. My address changed from Boise to Meridian without packing a box so I guess I was in the middle of all the towns. When I worked downtown Boise in the 80's, it was dying and now it is vibrant. Miss the Green Belt, Shakespeare Festival, foothills and warm summer nights. Two of my three kids live there so I have lots of reaons (including a four plex) to go road tripping to Boise.

  • Real Estate Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Michele Fischer

     Thanks for the tip. I keep hearing that, so I will stay active.

  • Redlands, CA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    This is kind of funny, I set keyword alerts on BP to notify me when certain things show up in the forums and Inland Empire is one of my keywords. I forgot that your area is referred to as that. I grew up in Spokane but now I live in Redlands, CA, which is a part of what is also considered the Inland Empire down here. Nice hearing from a fellow Spokanite! I'm just getting into the game down here but have the Northwest on my radar as a place to invest in the near future and likely move to again-- how is the market up there? What is your investing strategy?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.