Moving to NE Ohio!

Moving to NE Ohio!

Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes

Hello fellow investors!

I'm a longtime follower, but finally decided to make myself known.  I currently live in Oceanside, CA (San Diego area) but I'm moving to NE Ohio this summer (somewhere between Akron and Cleveland).  Why am I leaving the beautiful weather of southern California you ask?  Well, for once I want to experience four seasons during the year, not just one!  But seriously, my husband and I just retired from the Marine Corps and we are going back home (his, not mine!) to be closer to family.  

We are currently investing in San Diego, mostly private money lending and several JV's, but we will be moving business up to Ohio with us, so we're deep into research-mode right now trying to figure out where we'll stake our claim. We will be doing rehabs and also acquiring rentals.

We look forward to meeting other like-minded investors in the area and most importantly, helping each other succeed!

0Reply
76 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
11y

@Tammy Parsons welcome to BP, we are based in Canton, but do most of our rehabs in Summit county. Did three in Hudson last year and one on Twinsburg, the next burp North. 

Great area, market is hot!

We have one in Hudson and two in Bath going on right now. We tend to focus on the burps and stay out of the cities for the most part, its worked well for us. 

Flip Side, Hudson.  Smokey Burgers, Gotta try them, Absolutely Awesome! :- )

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Nate Richards - Thanks for the advice Nate!  We will keep those areas in mind.  Definitely would prefer to stay close to home, I'm a bit tired of the long commutes and heavy traffic. 

    And yes, I am shocked at the home prices, they are awesome!  San Diego has a very high demand for rentals, but home prices are so ridiculous that you can't make any money off of rents, financially it just doesn't make sense.

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Zoran M. - Thanks!  I am happy to be here on BP and for our move to Ohio.    

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Brandon Hartman - Thanks Brandon!

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Raul Pedrozo - Thanks!  

  • Blaine, WA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Hi Tammy,

    My name is Adrian.  I live just south of Vancouver BC Canada. about 5 minutes from the American border.  My wife and I have been long time real estate investors, including business in Ohio, Mo., Mi, Az, Wa, and Maui.  We are into fix and flips and in most cases we have never been to the properties, but simply count on our teams to produce the acceptable results.  If you want a great guy to connect with in the Cleveland area, his name is Brad Weber.  He is a realtor, but also has a group of investors and has many properties come to him that are off market.  His phone number is 440-637-7370 and you can tell him Adrian Jaques recommended him.

    Good luck.  [email protected]

  • Investor · Akron, OH · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Adrian Jaques -  Thanks for the referral!  I'll make sure I give Brad a call.

  • warren, OH · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Well welcome to ohio we have four seasons a day but only two seasons a year winter an summer lol. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.