Indiana Focusing on Hamilton, Tipton and Howard Counties

Indiana Focusing on Hamilton, Tipton and Howard Counties

Real Estate Agent · Tipton, IN · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 7 votes

   Hoping to network with other like minded persons who want to grow their portfolios and move real estate (Make Money). 

  My goals are to grow my rental holdings with additional multifamily properties increasing my base for more cash flow. I also greatly enjoy taking a forgotten house and making it not only livable again but also more modern and functional. I tell my buyers that when I am done my goal is to sell a home not a house.  

Yes it must also make me money! Real Estate is an investment not the place for emotional attachments. With this in mind my goal is 25-30% ROI which so far my average has surpassed. ROI for my calculations ignoring calendar of project are (Sales HUD NET to Seller)-(Total Investment including interest expenses) / (Total Investment including interest expenses)

I am learning to find the right people to work with. I do not limit myself to just 1 realtor but I have only really worked regularly with 1, the other was dismissed after the first sale (my first flip) and their, what became obvious, incompetence. Lesson learned, do my own research also so I can recognize incompetent "professionals", cost of lesson was13% ROI instead of what could of been 30+%.

Learning that others can do the work also and I can still profit. Work on my renovations are moving from me doing 95% of the work to being the PM/GC. Actually my 3 best ROI calculations came from the properties I subbed out.

   I am always looking and focus on Hamilton, Tipton and Howard counties in central Indiana.

Good day,

John Kwiatt

1Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, @John Kwiatt!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP @John Kwiatt Find and network with local investors using find feature!http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Also, be sure to set up “keyword alerts” to notify the topics that interest you. 

    All the best to you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Tipton, IN · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Thanks  Dmitriy

    I will check out the find feature.  Already have keywords setup.

    John

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    11y

    Hey @John Kwiatt welcome to the site! It's great to have you! feel free to interact in the forums, meet some great people, and definitely provide more value to the community by sharing your thoughts, experiences, and of course, success stories!

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.