Westminster, CO · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 13 votes
Hello:
I've been in the construction industry as a general contractor for close to 20 years. I've got a wealth of experience in contracting and know all the ins and outs of rehabbing, but I want to learn about investing to reach my wealth and savings goals.
I've read a lot and seen a lot of the "guru" programs, but I am looking to build my own personal strategies that are real and make sense. I'm a risk taker, but I know which risks to take.
I am looking forward to learning more about all aspects of investing.
Professional · Aurora, CO · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 2 votes
11y
Welcome to BP Matt. You have come to the right place if you're looking at getting into investing. Look into attending the local meet-ups, there is one upcoming very soon in Denver I believe.
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
@Matt R. welcome. In addition to the local meetups you should set up some keyword alerts so you can see what is being said about things you are interested in.
Westminster, CO · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 13 votes
11y
@Bill S. Thanks! I am definitely planning on attending the event in Denver on 8/24. I am excited to learn and get started. I think I can also help a lot of people with their rehab questions with my experience as a contractor. There's so much information on here....I've been on the site all night long!
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
@Matt R. to mention someone type the @ symbol followed by the first three letters of their name. A list of names that match will appear below the reply box. Pick the one you want and it will appear highlighted in blue. The person you "mention" will then get the notification. It took me about 2 weeks to figure this out.
Professional · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
11y
Hi Matt. I would take some investing/financing classes sponsored by "Hard Money Lenders". Then build a team. Network and get to know CRIS Realtors® and tell them what you are looking for. A couple of "Wholesalers" in your network wouldn't hurt either. A good real estate lawyer to help with contracts is a must. Set your "Criteria" and stick to it.