Chicago area flipper and realtor hope to connect with everyone!

Chicago area flipper and realtor hope to connect with everyone!

Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 2 votes

Hi all!

A little about me...I have always worked in an office with flipping as a side hobby. I have done 11 flips in the past (all successful) and currently own 3 rental properties. I recently decided to go into real estate full time and got my realtor's license. My end game, though, is to get back into flipping and owning rental properties. My girlfriend turned me on to BP and I love it! I hope to connect and work with some or all of you here at some point!

2Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 353 posts · 213 votes
11y

Your GF is smart! Ha. Welcome to a fellow Chicago area investor. I hope to meet you in person at a local REI Club real soon.

I hope your focus is on REI as a business not as a hobby. Hobbies cost you money, business makes money. Well most businesses at least.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    @John Li

    You sound like you've got a great background! Look forward to learning more from you in future posts!

  • Jerusalem, Israel · Member since 2015 · 144 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Hey John and welcome to BiggerPockets!

    Good for you for taking the first steps of getting involved in investments and real estate. You will find BP as an excellent source of information!

    I suggest reading "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" by Gary Keller, a real eye opener. Also, read Rich Dad Poor Dad, which is a MUST.

    Good luck with your path.

  • Massage Therapist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 613 posts · 84 votes
    11y

    @John Li

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I concur with @Scott Trench your background is.....NICE. Combine your experience with Bigger Pockets various resources: ebooks, forums, blogs, webinars, podcasts, keyword alerts, an awards system, a learn section, colleagues, informative people in many fields of real estate, and more.

    We are considered to be the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with so connect with REIA meetings, accountability partners, and mastermind groups to engage with individuals interested in real estate investing.

    At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

                                 Enjoy as you prosper.....

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 469 posts · 81 votes
    11y

    Welcome to @John Li!!

  • Investor · Downers Grove, IL · Member since 2015 · 353 posts · 213 votes
    11y

    Your GF is smart! Ha. Welcome to a fellow Chicago area investor. I hope to meet you in person at a local REI Club real soon.

    I hope your focus is on REI as a business not as a hobby. Hobbies cost you money, business makes money. Well most businesses at least.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.