Hi I'm Joel and I LOVE real estate!

Hi I'm Joel and I LOVE real estate!

Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I'm from Oklahoma city, and just a couple of days ago I quit my job selling phones for verizon to pursue my dream of becoming a multimillion investor.  I honestly don't know much, but I'm going to give it my all! Just one question and that's how do I find motivated sellers??

0Reply
14 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    wow! Gutsy decision. I wish I could do that right now.

    Welcome and best of luck.

  • Wholesaler · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thank you Brad, and I'm not going to lie I am ridiculously scared, but I'm excited at the same time! I think the pressure is good if not I'm sure I'd just keep putting it off and off, and just lose precious time. What kind of investing are you interested in? 

  • Torrance, CA · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    To be honest I would have kept my job and did a bit more research before jumping off the deep end. The positive side to your decision is that now you are putting yourself in a position where you must succeed and failure is not an option, and I think that is great. My thoughts aside, I think members of BP could answer your question better if you tell them your goals as an investor as well as your strategy. I'm no expert but from what I've read you could find motivated sellers by marketing to them via personal letters, bandit signs, or billboards that state you buy houses (as well as a variety of other methods). You could visit your local real estate investment club and network with like minded people as well as let your friends and family know your business goals. I hope I was able to help answer your question if a little bit! Good luck by the way :).
  • Engineer · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 144 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    This reminds me of a story from Think and Grow Rich.  There was a war and a great warrior led his troops across the sea.  When they got to the warzone, he instructed his troops to burn the boats.

    This gave them two options: Succeed or die.  Success is inevitable when your let the universe know you're going to do this without other options.  

    Read more here:

    http://www.lukeshavak.com/inspirational/burn-your-...

    Good luck on your journey, I'd love to see how you're doing in a year.  Keep that burning desire to succeed and don't let anyone talk you down.  

    Find motivated sellers by visiting yardsales, knocking on doors, sending direct mail, talking to people at starbucks, putting out signs, and ABS (Always be selling). 

  • Investor · Chesapeake Beach, MD · Member since 2013 · 273 posts · 37 votes
    11y

    I'll add networking to Davids list above. Send out colleague requests to investors on BP that are interested in the market there. If you are on Linkdin send out requests there too.

    Good luck

    Sara

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.