Newbie in Southern NH looking to make first contacts

3 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Sam Biondolillo and I am in the beginning/education phase of my real estate investing career. I am currently located in Concord, NH and will be looking to acquire my first property in the area within the next 12 months. My girlfriend of 5 years will be joining me on this journey, so I am trying to establish some solid contacts in the area and build a team to get us off on the right foot.

My main market will be Concord, NH and Southern NH generally extending down into Manchester, Nashua, and Salem for the right deals. The main strategy to be employed at the outset is House Hacking as an introduction to long-term buy-and-hold land-lording, focusing on 2-4 unit buildings.

I work full time, as does the girlfriend, so I am focusing on passive investment as much as possible like many others I have read about on here using the tried-and-true Earn->Save->Buy Assets formula for long-term financial freedom.

Thanks for reading!

Hi @Samuel Biondolillo , welcome to BiggerPockets!  Glad to see another investor from the state.  I'm a Realtor and I cover the southern part of NH... especially Hillsborough, Rockingham, and Merrimack counties.  If you have any questions about "house hacking" your way into your first rental property, feel free to reach out to me.  I'd be more than happy to help :)

Thanks for the invitation @Matt Lefebvre ! I'll be sure to let you know when I'm in a position to start looking for properties in earnest. For now I am still working on saving up that down payment (40% savings rate) and getting my credit sorted out (~660 now). 

Have you found that Concord is a decent place to invest? The prices here are very high compared to what I was used to back in Dallas, TX and especially compared to the numbers in many blog posts on this site.

Concord is a little bit pricier than other parts of the state with a strong multifamily market.  Of course there's multifamilies all over the place that can be bought cheaper... but its a trade-off for the higher vacancy rate you may encounter.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you