All cash investor from Bulgaria

All cash investor from Bulgaria

Investor · Sofia, Sofia-city · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone, 

I am a young soon to move the the US investor, who seeks opportunities on the real estate market, mainly buy and hold strategies. I do have experience in real estate, investing (both BSc and MSc, plus real experience) and currently in the IT business as a day-to-day job, as is the highest paying industry in the current market) Looking for open-minded and helpful people with whom to get in touch and exchange ideas, contacts and eventually do business together. As I will be new on the market (even tho I have read and search for most of the things which impact the investment decision) I do lack the experience on the US market. I do plan starting out with my own capital, so I can start the things up, before I build enough credit history to benefit from the leverage where the foundations and numbers check out.

MODERATOR:  NO OFFERS OR PROPERTIES OR SERVICES IN THIS FORUM, PLEASE.

0Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 408 posts · 90 votes
10y

Have you considered Canada at all? We don't have the same rental cash flow but our appreciation and public demographics trump most states. With a large middle class and fairly high paid labourers and tradesmen its easier to find good tenants. I know my market had 6.6% YOY appreciation last year, not sure how the most states compare.

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 408 posts · 90 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kristian Vassilev:

    I agree with Jay Hinrichs on the different areas and markets and that is why I asked for opinions and quotes on everyone`s market of operation as you are the guys and girls who best know your local market.

    To answer David - I will be coming mid spring, until then my goal is to have pinpointed areas across the states for investment. 

    Samual, I have been several times to Canada and I love it there, but I am currently searching investments with steady cash flow even if the appreciation can potentially bring better ROI - aka birth in the hand hypothesis, plus I do not have any grasp on Canada legislation, nor RE markets and I have a rule - If I do not know all risks involved in an investment and I do not have a plan how to counter them - I do not enter, so thank for the offer, but for now I will enjoy Canada as a tourist only :) (but who knows in the future).

    Steven - I get that in New York city the prices are different (higher), but the analysis you sent me brings too low of a cash flow for the asked cash on investment and even if your prediction holds true it is not very liquid if I decide to transfer funds or reinvest if an opportunity presents itself. 

    I will definitely look up the RE on the islands as as you mentioned with enough hunting and a bit of luck I also believe there are pearls to be found. 

    What I would ask and I think will be useful for everyone on BP is to share some good sites/maps on which one can see up-to-date Sale prices (not listing) and rents as well as utility expenses and taxation for the US, so we can all have easy access to how each market currently is and can do quick decision on where to look at for maximum profit. 

    PS: having a great time getting to know all of you :)

     That makes sense great answer! Come visit we welcome tourists, and if you know the us market well I would definitely keep focusing on it just narrow down to a specific state and region.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.