New Broker to the Washington Eastside area.

5 Replies

Hello everyone! 

Happy and excited to have found bigger pockets. Honestly, I am relatively new to the real estate industry. I come from a small business owner and engineering background. I've taken some courses in analyzing investment properties, produced APOD's, noticed the drawbacks in how the typical Cap Rate is calculated, and dug deeper to find four-square and the mortgage constant.  I currently work with investors looking for great flip properties in King county. I plan to expand into rental properties as well. I know I have a lot more to learn and understand, but I am a quick study and know I will excel. 

Invested in YOU, 

Courtney Windh

Hey @Courtney Windh . Welcome to the Puget Sound real estate investor community. As you undoubtedly know, it's a red-hot market in Seattle/Eastside, great for those who are into flipping, not so wonderful for the cash-flow folks.

What are you looking for as far as contacts, advice, rants, jokes, or other bits of semi-solicited information? What questions can the community answer for you?

Thank you @Alex Chin  

I have been listening to the podcasts and gathering info that way. Now I am curious about the PNW investor community. Who are we? Are we more cash flow or are we flippers? From a personal point of view what are the best routes to start in real estate investing, wholesale/rentals/flipping... ? What has worked in the past for those near me. Research meet up's for chatting with people who have made the mistakes and had the success. I'm pretty open to the experience at this point.

Originally posted by @Courtney Windh :

Thank you @Alex Chin  

I have been listening to the podcasts and gathering info that way. Now I am curious about the PNW investor community. Who are we? Are we more cash flow or are we flippers? From a personal point of view what are the best routes to start in real estate investing, wholesale/rentals/flipping... ? What has worked in the past for those near me. Research meet up's for chatting with people who have made the mistakes and had the success. I'm pretty open to the experience at this point.

Hello Courtney, welcome to the Bigger Pockets  community. If you want to find out more about PNW community, I highly recommend you come out to one of our local Meetups . I see your already a member to our group Pacific NW Real Estate and we are having the last meeting of the year soon. We would love to have you there.

Best Regards

Kevin 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you