Hi everyone, I'm new to real estate.

Hi everyone, I'm new to real estate.

Laurel, MD · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone, I'm new to the real estate and I'm looking to start out wholesaling and then into purchasing properties and either flipping or renting them, ect. Hope to see you fellow wholesalers and investors around and hopefully doing business with you in the near future. Happy Holidays!

0Reply
17 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor and Realtor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2015 · 148 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Joseph Berry  There is plenty of information on BP to help get you started. I'm a wholesaler as well as a licensed Realtor in Northern Virginia and I've found some of the advice and guidance here to be invaluable. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

  • Frederick, MD · Member since 2015 · 654 posts · 256 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Joseph Berry!

  • Laurel, MD · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks. @Angelia Kinston  I'm just still learning just send some letters to some home owners. But I just don't know exactly what to say to them.. My mentor and coach told me to send them that's why I did.. Was I wrong for that.

  • Laurel, MD · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks. @Account Closed

  • Investor and Realtor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2015 · 148 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    No @Joseph Berry  you were not wrong, but I would caution you to learn as much as you can about wholesaling before venturing out on your own. There are many aspects to this type of business.  It involves marketing, salesmanship, learning your re markets so you can calculate accurate ARVs and estimate rehab costs. You have to develop relationships so you can create and add to your buyers list. There are qualifying questions you must ask your potential sellers as well as qualifying activities that must be done to determine if you even have a good deal. Just because a house may be cheap doesn't mean it's a good deal.  You indicate you have a mentor so I'm sure he or she will show you the ropes. 

  • Amelia Court House, VA · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    welcome to BP @Joseph Berry

  • Muncie, IN · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, joining this website is already a huge advantage you will have over the competition.

  • Laurel, MD · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    What he been telling me to do haven't been the right way to do it. @Angelia Kinston

  • Real Estate Broker · Lexington, SC · Member since 2014 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the site!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.