New Member Intro - Landlord / Lender in Dallas, TX

New Member Intro - Landlord / Lender in Dallas, TX

Lender · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 14 votes

My name is Elizabeth, and I own 10 rental units in Dallas, TX (four duplexes and two condos).  I accumulated these properties in my 20s between 2006 and 2012.  My plan was to buy and hold them indefinitely for supplemental retirement income, but I have recently begun to think about selling one or two.  I didn't know much about evaluating rental property when I bought these, and several of them don't have good cash flow.  The thing is that I have very low fixed rate loans on all of them, and inertia is such that it's a lot easier to just stand pat.

My (relatively new) husband and I are also considering some new RE investments, whether that means buying another residential property, participating in a private equity type of apartment building purchase early next year, or maybe even saving up to buy a commercial property of our own.  I have also done some hard money lending in the past, which I'd be interested to get more involved with.  Oh, and my real job is a Private Banker who specializes in real estate financing (commercial and residential) - so I pretty much have real estate coming at me from all sides!

I'm so glad to have found this forum, and I look forward to learning more about how to evaluate some of these deals and growing/optimizing my portfolio.

Elizabeth

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Commercial Real Estate Lender / Syndicator · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 888 posts · 309 votes
10y

Welcome to BP, Elizabeth.  I'm a commercial real estate loan broker and also pool private equity to buy apartments.  Reach out if I can be of help.  

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome @Elizabeth Grahsl!  Glad to have you.  Thanks for sharing and introducing yourself!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 81 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    welcome to the forum! I, too, reside and an active investor in Dallas. I'm always looking to connect with people like yourself and build relationships with for real estate endeavors. 

  • Commercial Real Estate Lender / Syndicator · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 888 posts · 309 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, Elizabeth.  I'm a commercial real estate loan broker and also pool private equity to buy apartments.  Reach out if I can be of help.  

  • Investor · Juneau, AK · Member since 2015 · 980 posts · 741 votes
    10y

    welcome and wow! what a start in your 20's and it will be great to hear insights of a lender/investor combo. if you self manage, the landlord forums are great (and even if you use a PM, lots is relevant) and there are great forums on apartments, too, if you are moving up in scale. best of luck! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.