New member to the Pittsburgh, PA area

New member to the Pittsburgh, PA area

Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hey there,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the BP community.  I've decided to take the plunge by leaving my old career and move into real estate investing, though I can't quite call myself an investor as I have yet to buy a property.  I'm looking to flip some properties until I can begin buying and holding, with a goal of eventually having a 30/70 split of flip to buy.  That said, my wife and I live in Pittsburgh with a couple of cats, 5 chickens, and a garden we love to work in.  She does great work as an attorney advocate for disadvantaged public school children in PA, and I'm looking to stay the money man =).  Feel free to reach out and drop a line.  Always open to meeting up and chatting with folks, catching a game in town, and seeing where this RE thing goes.

Best - Blake

1Reply
24 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Blake McLaren

    Welcome to Biggerpockets and good luck on the first deal

    BiggerPockets
  • Irwin, PA · Member since 2015 · 152 posts · 52 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP, fellow PGHer! Dig into all the great articles and read read read!

  • Member since 2014 · 44 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP and best wishes for successful investing !

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 821 posts · 255 votes
    10y

    Hi Blake, Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I hope you find a wealth of information here to help you with your endeavors.

    Gary

  • Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Many thanks!  I'll keep everyone update as it progresses.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.