NEW MEMBER Investor in Canton, Ohio

NEW MEMBER Investor in Canton, Ohio

Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hello BP community! I have been investing in real estate for the past 3 years. My first deal was a big loser. Fix and flip in University Heights, Ohio. Holding costs and higher taxes ate away at all the profit.  Since the first bust deal I have been focusing on buy and hold properties in Stark County. I currently own two duplexes, and three single family homes. I do not have a mortgage on any of the single family houses. My plan is to use the equity from these properties to buy more single family houses. 

I am a member of the local stark county REIA. I would highly recommend joining the group if you are from the area! Great resources and very real down to earch people.

I am looking to learn more about creative financing and ways to find private money at reasonable interest rates. 

So glad this site was created! Please connect

1Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Grant Sevek

    Welcome to the BP community. Great to have you on the site. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Flipper · Wooster, OH · Member since 2012 · 139 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Grant Sevek

    This is a great place to network.

    Good luck.

  • Turnkey Provider/Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 167 posts · 37 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Grant Sevek.  Nice to have a fellow Ohioan on BP! 

    Don't completely give up on the Cleveland market, UH is definitely a more costly suburb, especially the RE taxes. But there are plenty of great deals out there.

    Look forward to getting to know you, feel free to reach out with any questions.

    All the best,
    Val

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome aboard @Grant Sevek

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.