California girl stuck in Georgia

California girl stuck in Georgia

Marietta, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I'm very excited to learn all that I can I order to be a success in this industry. My ultimate goal is to be able to house homeless veterans because they are not taken care of like they should be.

1Reply
23 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2013 · 82 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Raz Cain. Housing homeless veterans sounds like an amazing goal! I wish the best for you and the people you will help.

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 99 votes
    10y

    Good for you, that's very cool. Our vets need all the help they can get! You'll definitely want to apply for a limited liability company (LLC) with the Georgia Secretary Of State. Filing cost is $125.00 and you can download Georgia LLC paperwork from the web for under $10.00. Then apply for your Tax EIN number which will allow you to get a bank account for your business. Since your goal is to house homeless vets you may want to consider registering your company as a non-profit organization. You'll have the best tax breaks, bidding leverage with some sellers, and the ability to pursue additional resources and funding through govt grants.

  • Realtor · Metro ATL, GA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    Hi @Raz Cain I would like to hear more about your plan to help homeless veterans?

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hello, @Terri Waldrop I thank you for your interest in this matter. I notice a multitude of abandoned homes, apartment/townhouse "communities" that are literally wasting away. Many veterans would love to invest sweat equity in providing shelter for themselves and our fellow veterans. Once I learn the ins and outs of this business, I will have enough capital and experience to transform those abandoned "eyesores" into suitable and habitable dwellings for the less fortunate.

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    @Gordon Vaughn Thank you much for your expertise! I will look into creating a non-profit for this new endeavor. Regards!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.