Newbie and real estate agent from Tucson, AZ

Newbie and real estate agent from Tucson, AZ

Real Estate Agent · Marana, AZ · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes

I'm finally doing this after lurking for so long. 

So hello. I'm Matt Uden from Tucson, az. I'm a public school special education counselor in Tucson which I've been doing for 3 years after teaching special education for 5. I started listening to the podcast and reading the forums a while back and something the guys said was to be able to bring something to the table if you want to get started in REI.

So during my last summer vacation I went to real estate school and got my license in Arizona. 

My wife and I have a goal, which after listening to a recent podcast doesn't sound so crazy, of owning a few rentals near the university and possible specializing in student rentals. We're just getting started so who knows where we'll end up. 

New member intros aren't supposed to be a pitch so I'll leave that. But I look forward to hopefully meeting and working with some bigger pockets members in the future. 

Thanks,

Matt

1Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 50 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    Welcome Matt. Tucson is a great place to begin investing. 

    There's a guy homer who has started a meetup group. Hope to see you around. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Marana, AZ · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you. I'll look into it. 

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Matthew Uden

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.