Votes |
Motivated Newbie In Milwaukee, WI

Marty Johnston
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Wauwatosa, WI
Posted Mar 8 2016, 07:17

Good Morning Everyone,

Thought I'd quickly introduce myself. Brand new to real estate investing, but totally amped about it. Have always loved real estate and homes and working on them, but have zero experience professionally (and very limited unprofessionally as well). I'm a young 23 and motivated to learn and discover all the in and outs, and have several books on the way to begin self-educating.

I just discovered Bigger Pockets in the past several weeks and have been listening to the podcasts nonstop. I think BP is a truly wonderful and encouraging place to come for guys like me, who are just learning the ropes, and have access to thousands of people more educated than me to answer all my questions! Just amazing...

I'm at a point where I've recently gotten married, am currently in school, but feel that real estate is really the (broad) career that I want to move in towards. Soon I'd like to start a family with my wife and be able to have steady and comfortable income so she can be a full-time stay-home mom without worrying about making ends meat. That's the goal.

I'm extremely interested in learning rehab - all aspects - from framing to dry wall to electrical to plumbing, flooring, cabinetry etc. I know this will come slowly, and I want to learn it right, to build skills in each area in a very professional manner. Eventually I hope to find what I enjoy doing the most and focus on it. Ideally, my plan is to find a job in carpentry full-time, while doing buy and holds, fix and flips, and perhaps some wholesaling to earn extra side cash flow, but don't think I want to jump into investing full-time at this point. Landlording is where my highest interest rests right now.

I can't wait to start building a network with those in the area, to learn from you guys on the forum who are experienced and who don't mind assisting a young guy on his journey! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Marty Johnston

Loading replies...