New member on Cape Cod in Ma.

New member on Cape Cod in Ma.

Brewster, MA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hi my name is Rich and I'm living on Cape Cod in Ma. Only been here for a couple of years. I'm a newbie to the investment part of real estate. While I do own my own house and have for some years I have never invested in it. I do own local business on the Cape and have a corporation already in place. I thought I wanted to start wholesaling but after doing some research I have reconsidered that and now am looking at multi-families. I also have CS- license so I'm not new to rehabs and repair work. Right now I'd like to find some people in the area to get to know. While I don't have a lot of capitol I got a lot motivation. Thanks 

2Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
10y

Hi Richard, welcome to BP.

This is a great place to learn. Make sure to listen to all the BP podcasts, read the articles on the main blog and be active in these forums to learn a ton very quickly about any topic in real estate you want to know more about.

This is also a great place to meet people that can be assets to your business. Lots of great connections all over but we also have a very strong and active contingent here in MA on here so make sure to find them (Set up some keyword alerts to find out about local topics) and get connected.

Besides doing that on here make sure to get out to some of the many local investor events we have. Best options are the South Shore REIA and the House Flipping School Meetup in Plymouth. Many other options as you head farther North as well.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
    10y

    Hi Richard, welcome to BP.

    This is a great place to learn. Make sure to listen to all the BP podcasts, read the articles on the main blog and be active in these forums to learn a ton very quickly about any topic in real estate you want to know more about.

    This is also a great place to meet people that can be assets to your business. Lots of great connections all over but we also have a very strong and active contingent here in MA on here so make sure to find them (Set up some keyword alerts to find out about local topics) and get connected.

    Besides doing that on here make sure to get out to some of the many local investor events we have. Best options are the South Shore REIA and the House Flipping School Meetup in Plymouth. Many other options as you head farther North as well.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Richard St Aubin

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). You can Google to locate them and go to meetup.com In addition to the ones Shaun mentioned there is one in Rockland.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Brewster, MA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

     I appreciate the help.

       Thanks 

      Guys

  • Derreck WellsPro Member
    Specialist · Pelham, NH · Member since 2013 · 547 posts · 269 votes
    10y

    Hi Rich, welcome to the forum! Keep my contact info, when you find a property to buy, I'll help you with the lead paint status and whatever needs to be done to make it legal to rent it out.

  • Brewster, MA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks Derrick I will.

  • Hingham, MA · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Richard St Aubin.  Listen to all the Podcasts.  It's like an intensive introduction to all facets of real estate investing.

  • Real Estate Investor · Norwood, MA · Member since 2016 · 81 posts · 27 votes
    10y
    Welcome Richard! The free weekly BP webinars are also great! There's one tonite.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.