Buy and Hold Investor in Virginia

3 Replies

Hello!

My name is Jon Miller and I am an engineer in Chesapeake VA. I started buying real estate in 2012 with my primary residence, an out-dated brick ranch which I was going to fix up. I bought my first rental, a townhouse, in 2015 and closed on my 2nd rental at the end of February. I purchased the first two properties with savings, and refinanced my house to buy property #3 and hopefully #4 late this year. I am married and have a baby on the way.

My real estate goals are (short to long term):

1) Buy a 3rd rental in 2017

2) Buy a new primary residence and rent my current one by 2020

3) ?

4) Net $7k a month by 2042.

I'm looking to learn more about creative financing, raising capital, commercial financing, and how to build/run a scalable business. I've been listening to the podcast for a couple months now and I'm taking the step into the forums now. Looking forward to being part of the BP community!

@Jon Miller

Welcome to BP! Glad to have you here!

You are already well on your way by setting yourself some good goals. I am living in Chesapeake as well. Perhaps our paths will cross some day soon. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you