New Foreign Investor from South Africa

New Foreign Investor from South Africa

Cape Town, Western Cape · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi

I am a young professional with a passion for property. As well as being a great investment strategy and bringing in some money that's not from my 9-5, I adore renovating, I can't wait to be able to finally get my hands on a property that has been neglected and watch it be transformed into a home. 

I have yet to buy my first property but I plan on becoming a landlord within the next few months. I love the excitement at the moment of putting together investment deals. I am in need of an angel investor because my currency is not worth much in many other countries and the financial setup in South Africa does not favour buy-to-let. 

I look forward to continued support and advice from BiggerPockets which has given me a fantastic insight into the world of property investing. 

1Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
    10y

    Hi @Jessica Workman,

    Welcome to BP! 


    We're so excited you're here and making connections. Have you read The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing? We wrote it with the beginner in mind. It’s an excellent place to start, and can answer many of your questions. You are in the right place to learn all about real estate investing. Do you know what sort of investing you are thinking of doing? BiggerPockets has a FREE webinar every week. Presented by the BiggerPockets Podcast co-host, Brandon Turner, it covers a different topic every week. Sign up here for the next Webinar. Most webinars are recorded and a replay link will be sent out to anyone who signs up. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or clarifications. We are always happy to help!

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Jessica Workman

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
    10y

    Hello there @Jessica Workman.Welcome to the site

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.