Celebrating & new member in Atlanta, GA

Celebrating & new member in Atlanta, GA

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 4 votes

Hi All,

Thought I'd celebrate closing and renting out my first deal by actually contributing and participating in the community. I'm 26 years old in Atlanta. With the hot market here I invested in Michigan where I have some family members who can help me manage a SFH.

I was able to get a 3 bed - 2 bath in a good school district at 158k on a 30 year expenses = $890 a month. As of March 1 I successfully rented it out for $1900 a month.

Very excited to say I finally took the plunge and happy to say I'm cash flowing $1k a month.

Moving forward I'm looking to get involved in the Atlanta real estate scene. 

Thanks BP!

MW

2Reply
15 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Good job! Do you have a team in Michigan to help you on this deal? How did you find the deal, follow through and manage to close it from here? I'm asking because I'm interested in investing out of state rental as well.

    Congrats on your first deal!

    Hannah 

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Hannah Ly

    Here are a few more details:

    - It's not a "team" but 2 brothers who will be helping me with It. 

    - found it on the MLS and just ran the numbers

    - it's in my hometown so I just know the area so well I bought it unseen other than the realtor I used to walk through it, which was terrifying.

    - Buying it and closing at a distance was a non issue once I explained my status to my realtor

    What markets outside of Atlanta are you familiar with?

  • Wholesaler · Marietta, GA · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    congrats Matt, well done! 

  • Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
    10y

    Way to go. Taking action is very important. I'm sure you will do well in Atlanta as a local investor.

    Congratulations!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 378 posts · 82 votes
    10y

    @Matt Weiss - here's a quick thought:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.