Newish landlord looking for more lands to lord!

Newish landlord looking for more lands to lord!

Real Estate Agent · Manchester, NH · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 2 votes

Hi!  I'm Mara, new to BiggerPockets and hoping to get some info and help on financing my next project!  I'm a single mom, three years ago I was married and going through a foreclosure on (my ex husbands) single family home. With 3 kids, two dogs, no degree, and not having worked in years, and with an ex husband that is not reliable financially, there would be no way for me to be able to afford to pay rent. I worked very hard and it was NOT easy but in August of 2013 I closed on my first 3 family home! Since then, I have been able to spruce the place up enough to raise the rent by $200 a month and after refinancing twice, I now make $150 a month after my mortgage is paid!  I have great tenants, and my neighbors are thanking me for making the "bad" house in the neighborhood so much better.  Buying a multi family has been the absolute best decision I have ever made, It has been a turning point in my life,  I am now able to be comfortable financially for the first time EVER.  I am now looking to buy another multifamily home and be able to make a profit, have an income when I retire, and be able to pass something down to my children. The big obstacle right now is that pesky 25% down payment....  Hoping to look into some creative ways to finance, I have good (soon to be excellent) credit but no savings. Looking forward to sucking up all the knowledge this site has to offer! 

1Reply
21 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Homeowner · Chicago Heights, IL · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP Mara! This is the place to be. Make sure you set up some key words and connect with your local REI clubs.

    Brent

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.