Attorney · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 284 posts · 314 votes
Hi all,
I'm a real estate crowdfunding attorney based in CA at The Law Office of Amy Wan, Esq., where I advise on startup and crowdfunding law. I'm here because I'm keenly interested in the evolution of the real estate crowdfunding industry and want to know what people are saying.
I'm also passionate about the intersection of law and technology and rethinking the delivery of legal services (and to the extent real estate law can be enhanced by technology, I'm all for it!).
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
Hi Amy, congratulations on the latest chapter in your professional career and founding your own law office. When you were GC at Patch of Land, you were the most informative and helpful resource out of all legal and nonlegal resources in all of the 100+ crowdfunding sites. If and when I need any real estate crowdfunding law work done, I know where I'm going to. Again, congrats.
I'm a real estate crowdfunding attorney based in CA at The Law Office of Amy Wan, Esq., where I advise on startup and crowdfunding law (amywanlaw.com). I'm here because I'm keenly interested in the evolution of the real estate crowdfunding industry and want to know what people are saying. Formerly, I was General Counsel at Patch of Land, a real estate marketplace lending platform.
I'm also passionate about the intersection of law and technology and rethinking the delivery of legal services (and to the extent real estate law can be enhanced by technology, I'm all for it!). I founded Legal Hackers LA and was named one of the one of ten women to watch in legal technology by the American Bar Association Journal in 2014.
Before Patch of Land, I worked for the federal government.
Hi Amy! Welcome to BP, awesome post and bio, very intrigued, you should connect with @Vadim Kleyner CEO @ Brelion an Ohio based platform. I to am very intrigued by this current space and excited to see how the space evolves and redefines the way we transact with Real estate Financing.
Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
@Amy Wan I think you want to join our LA meetup, @Jeff Greenberg has the mailing list, he also does syndications, and ai believe one or two members mentioned about crowdfunding before.
Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y
@Manolo D. thanks for the mention. Welcome @Amy Wan I am curious as to how, we as investors or deal sponsors might use your services? Or would your services be mainly for the crowdfunding industry.
Attorney · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 284 posts · 314 votes
10y
hi @Jeff Greenberg, would love to be added to the LA list serve. While I know a lot about the real estate crowdfunding industry, I also help clients in general corporate work, funds, and other offerings. Happy to talk about it offline since I think we're not supposed to solicit on BPs ;)
Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 191 posts · 86 votes
10y
Hi Amy, I've read a lot of your work and look forward to your contributions. There was a subject thread where BQ remoteness of the LLCs was discussed, and I know that you were instrumental in developing POL's format so thought you could comment there.