Aspiring Developer/Investor in New York City

Aspiring Developer/Investor in New York City

New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hey BP community!

I grew up in the building industry. My family operates a general contracting company and I have experience working with residential, commercial, and government construction projects. At the moment, I'm a year away from graduating with a BA in Economics from Columbia University. 

Thus far I have interned with the NYC Department of Design and Construction and have worked as a Site Supervisor for a handful of Federal projects in Hawaii. That said, I enjoy working on public-private projects because they affect the built environment on a large scale. However, my ultimate goal is to establish a real estate development and investment firm, which means I'm dedicated to gaining experience and knowledge in real estate investing. Indeed, I'm interested in learning everything from A-Z. Especially investment analysis (valuing and assessing, proforma, etc).

I'm excited to learn and to connect with others here.

Hope to see you in the field!

In Success,
KF

1Reply
21 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! You've come to the right place to find others interested in REI. I would suggest you do a search on BP and see if there are any BP meetups in your area. Meetups are always a great way to meet people local to you, and help each other out, and I know there are several members in New York.

    It looks like you have some great experience, and should do well in this business. Good luck. 

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Larchmont, NY · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Here you go Kari. Karen was absolutely correct.

    Meetups has a new group: www.meetups.com

    New York Real Estate Investor Mentors.

    Best of luck,

    Gary

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hi Kari, 

    Welcome to BP. I'm new here and from NY as well.  I heard there was a BP meetup on the 26, but I don't know the where and when, (Time wise.) I too want to become a Developer and I'm thinking I should find a Development company to volunteer my services so I can learn and grow.  Hope to meet you in upcoming BP meetups!

  • Homeowner · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    Hey @Kari Fox, 

    Welcome to BP! I'm also new to community here and its a great place to start you REI career. Yep like other members have mentioned meetup.com is where its at. There are a few events that I will be personally attending as well as some other BP members next week -> Link that's one of the events. Also would recommend you join other networking groups to get notifications on their upcoming events. 

    Best regards,

    Victor

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi everyone,

    Thanks for suggesting the investor meetup and other networking events! Hope to meet you guys there!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.