Roseland, NJ · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 4 votes
Attention newbies!!!
I would like to start a newbie club in the Roseland,NJ Area. I want to connect with other newbies and learn the trade together. My thinking is: We can keep each other accountable to push for success, we can share our newly acquired knowledge, talk about deals, strategies, networking, etc. Let me know if there is interest. 5 newbies working together is as good as 1 mentor, right!?!?!?!
Roseland, NJ · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 4 votes
10y
Thanks @Evan Feuer I'll check it out. This group doesn't pretend to be a REIA type, is for the newbies of this area to get together and exchange ideas and talk about what is our passion. Also is less intimidating knowing that everyone is in the same place as you are. I guess you can do it on your own and you should do it on your own, but when you start from cero is a very scary and lonely place to be by yourself (my wife and friends don't want me around anymore cause i only talk about real estate). Sometimes you just need a little push of confidence, a little tip, to get you to your first deal, and then you can fly on your own. A point of reunion for the newbies that start now and are like me on their own trying to figure it out things.
Mentors will come when you have something to offer them, this idea is how we get there, to be valuable enough to start your own business.
Investor · Silver Spring, MD · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
10y
I've been to their meeting and there is a mix of folks.You'll find what you need there if you put yourself out there. I mostly go to the SJREIA meetings because I live near Trenton. Essex and Bergen counties are too far. If I lived in North Jersey I'd be going to those meeting. I have only been in real estate since new years. I am doing a JV flip now and have been bidding on other properties trying to get my second deal. I couldn't have done this without the help I got from the folks I met at the REIA groups. I go to at least one meeting a week, sometime more.