Alpharetta, GA · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
My name is Carolyn and I'm a newbie to real estate. I recently attended a class on real estate investing and I am now my knowledge on best ways to get started. I was intrigued by the wholesaling strategy and would love to know more about folks experience with this. I enjoyed the class, but felt it was a rush job. I am interested in foreclosures, short sales, REO's, tax liens, and flipping for starters. Photo to come soon.
West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 16 votes
10y
Hello, Carolyn
I would say as a wholesaler the thing you would want to focus on most is your ability to evaluate a deal correctly, your buyers are going to be investors who fix and flip or buy and hold properties on a consistent basis. Your ability to evaluate a deal correctly cuts their time in half in going out and finding a deal themselves so you have to basically think like an investor who will be buying the property from you .
Of course your focus should be to build your buyers list but remember your list will get very short quickly if deal evaluation skill aren't up to par so practice deal evaluations constantly with properties on the mls to hone your skills good luck
West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 16 votes
10y
Hello, Carolyn
I would say as a wholesaler the thing you would want to focus on most is your ability to evaluate a deal correctly, your buyers are going to be investors who fix and flip or buy and hold properties on a consistent basis. Your ability to evaluate a deal correctly cuts their time in half in going out and finding a deal themselves so you have to basically think like an investor who will be buying the property from you .
Of course your focus should be to build your buyers list but remember your list will get very short quickly if deal evaluation skill aren't up to par so practice deal evaluations constantly with properties on the mls to hone your skills good luck
Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
10y
Hello @Carolyn Bledsoe and welcome to Bigger Pockets. BP is a great place to start for new real estate investors. At Bigger Pockets, learn how to get deals done correctly and network with other real estate investors. You came to the right place. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.
Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com