Investor · Central Florida · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 6 votes
Hey guys, I'm new to everything that involves real estate and I'm wanting to become a real estate agent and open up a real estate investing company. I live in Avon Park,FL but I work in Orlando,FL. Any words of wisdom or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Real Estate Agent · Bloomington, MN · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
10y
Congratulations Jeffrey on your transition to this market, in my opinion real estate is a very rich market to be in. I would say that the way to get your foot in the door is to do extensive research. I consider wholesaling to be the doorway into the real estate investing world. Have you gotten your salesperson license to be an agent? You don't need that to start getting involved in the real estate investing, although it is a tool that will open more opportunities. Wholesaling is the best way to start testing waters, you put almost no money of your own and the returns are extraordinary. After you've wholesaled a number of deals you can graduate to fix and flip, rental properties, note business, hard money lending, etc. The possibilities are endless, however its all up to you to educate yourself as best as possible. Do your homework! You came to right place since BiggerPockets has a lot of forums, and articles to help you out. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything, and welcome to the real estate world.
Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
10y
Hello @Jeffrey Silva and welcome to BP. BP is great for new real estate investors. It has everything you need including free online educational videos and courses. You came to the right place and congratulations.
Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com
Investor · Seminole, FL · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 8 votes
10y
Networking is key. Biggerpockets is the best first step. Check out your local REIA meetings, attend the meetings you can find in your area and you will be amazed at what you will learn from experienced investors.
Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
10y
@Jeffrey Silva welcome to BP and RE!! From time to time I get leads in your area and frostproof but don't have many buyers. I'd love to work together when you have some serious buyers down there. Make the weekend great!