A newbie to the REI from Saudi Arabia

A newbie to the REI from Saudi Arabia

Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello BiggerPockets community,

I am an MBA students graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and my interest in REI is growing bigger and bigger every time I hear the success stories in the BiggerPockets podcasts. I will be returning back to my home country Saudi Arabia this summer and I would like to start my in REI and making it my career.

I am trying to read as much books as I can before getting into this industry but since I am planing to invest in a foreign market other than the US I feel like some of the information that I am reading can only be related to the US market. 

My question is: Do you think reading books about REI in the US is a good idea especially since I want to invest in Saudi Arabia?

My other question is: What is the best way of finding deals offline? because finding deals in Saudi Arabia using the internet is not that effective and common.

Best,

Ahmed 

1Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets @Ahmed Almarzouki . I think the fundamentals of REI should work anywhere. Partnering with local investors would be one good way to get started. Good luck and all the best

    BiggerPockets
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 114 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Biggerpockets @Ahmed Almarzouki

  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks guys

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.