Hi, I'm Terence, a Newbie in Dallas, TX!

Hi, I'm Terence, a Newbie in Dallas, TX!

Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TEXAS (TX) · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes

Hello everyone, Terence Johnson here, I am a new investor or "Newbie" in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. As I begin my journey, I will begin building capital through wholesales, rehabs and owner finance assignments. Thus far I have done some marketing...mailers, yard signs and driving for dollars. I have also had the opportunity to assist an investor complete his rehab he recently placed on the market. I am very excited and will be looking to learning a lot from you guys inside the forums and look forward to partnering and growing with many of you all here in the Texas. 

1Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
10y

Hi Terrence, 

We are in Dallas as well in Allen. We have a meetup group called "Outside the Box" Here is the link http://goo.gl/iugzHB if you would like to check us out & join us for our next meeting. We meet once a month in Allen. If you are not far from us we would love for you to join us! 

Hope to meet you soon! 

Diana Wasneuski

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Hi Terrence, 

    We are in Dallas as well in Allen. We have a meetup group called "Outside the Box" Here is the link http://goo.gl/iugzHB if you would like to check us out & join us for our next meeting. We meet once a month in Allen. If you are not far from us we would love for you to join us! 

    Hope to meet you soon! 

    Diana Wasneuski

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Terence Johnson!
    Sounds like you've already taken some very effective steps in seeing the process firsthand. Plenty of materials, people and wealth available to you here on BP.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    @Terence Johnson

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul 

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TEXAS (TX) · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thank you very much Paul!

    Terence

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TEXAS (TX) · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Tom Feret . I will continue to take action steps to move forward and grow. I understand that knowledge and networking will be a big portion and I do believe BP will be a great asset.

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TEXAS (TX) · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Diana Wasneuski thank you! I would love to join you all during you all's next meeting!  

  • Jill DeWitPro Member
    Investor · Scottsdale AZ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 423 votes
    10y

    Hello @Terence Johnson and welcome to BP. BP is a great place for all things real estate. BP has free online videos and courses for you to watch and learn and also has it's own podcast in itunes. You came to the right place and I wish you all the best. 

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    10y

    @Terence Johnson welcome to BP! Best/first thing to do is get educated. Read read read! Read books on investing in real estate, listen to the podcasts, attend webinars and stay active on the forums while connecting with other investors in your area and pick a niche. Best of luck!

  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 47 votes
    10y

    Hi @Terence Johnson and Welcome to BP. You have come to the right place to learn anything and everything about RE investing. Ensure you check out the weekly webinars, podcasts, as well as the forums as there is a TON of information at your fingertips. 

    Good Luck

  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    Terence don't forget to go to this link http://goo.gl/iugzHB & join our meetup group. We just scheduled our next meeting for June 8th. Hope to see you there! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.